Keeping it real...how much can you eat!

mrdoores
on 8/30/09 11:11 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi everyone, 
I had and still have restriction but can still way more than I could at first.  If I over eat or drink with eating or right after my pouch hurts.  Yet, I have still gained 70 pounds back and this started about 14 months out from surgery.  I had proximal RNY in  2000.   It is really amazing how many of us have gained weight back.  I know  now that RNY is only a tool, but  didn't it feel good losing the weight.  I thought I was home free and was going to slim and trim and no health issues.  Boy was I fooled.  So now I am also seeking revision.  I didn't even know there was revision surgery until a couple of years ago and even then did not know my doctor performs distal RNY.  When I first called I was told he does not do revision but after going back and forth to him, for 2 yrs now, he said he could do the revision.  I'm am going thru the hoops for the insurance co. now. I  know I may seem like I am rattling, but it feels good to know I am not alone out here in the world of weight gain. 

I will keep you all in my prayers that your revisions will go without any problems and you all will be up and losing in no time.
Most Active