Lap bander not having much success

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 7:41 am
How is your fill level?    I had a revision from VBG to Lap-band over three years ago and  I know how important good restriction is.   What does your band clinic say?
brandyII
on 8/14/09 11:56 am
I had absolutely no success with my band and have recently revised to RNY and so far am very pleased with the results.  Good luck to you, Nancy.
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

Can't Weight TooLose
on 8/15/09 7:20 am
I have the lapband now and I am too seeking a revision. I want to try to get a DS. I am back up to my pre surgery weight since I had an unfill. My total weight loss was 40lbs.

Some are successful and some are not.

Highest weight- 262lbs
Lap band- Aug 2006 - 254lbs.
Lowest w/band 214lbs. .
Gained up to 271 due to the band
Got DS revision April 2010!! Current 145lbs
At 5'8 my goal was 160lbs but I surpassed that with the DS!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/09 7:03 am - AZ
On August 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM Pacific Time, ahsieym79 wrote:
I have the lapband now and I am too seeking a revision. I want to try to get a DS. I am back up to my pre surgery weight since I had an unfill. My total weight loss was 40lbs.

Some are successful and some are not.

I don't think many are successful with a band long term.  Newbies are the folks that love their bands, once they are 1-2 years post op then they aren't loving it so much.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 7:47 am
I'm into my fourth year and still loving my band.   I will say that I feel the aftercare offered by a lot of American clinics is lousy.    My clinic in Canada is super for $16,000 they offer lifetime fills at their clinic plus if you ever need rebanding there is no charge so full lifetime warranty.   They also have fill nurses and doctors across Canada available and a dietician, wellness coach, etc.    Plus if I want to talk to my surgeon or see him they take the time to help you personally.  It seems like a lot of clinics in the States band you then offer no follow up, it's shameful.
L B.
on 8/16/09 5:21 pm
I was banded in November 2008. I have lost about 45 pounds. I am having a revision to RNY on September 1st. My main problem is that I have never had any restriction and I also have portion control issues. My port has flipped and I was going to have to have another surgery to correct it. I opted for a revision instead.
strawberry28
on 8/18/09 11:42 am - somewhere, MD
I was banded in 2006 lost 85 pounds, gained 45 or so of it back, band almost full but little restriction.  Considering / researching revision.

Good luck! Research research...
meganwf
on 8/25/09 6:05 am
I had numerous fills, got esophogeal ulcers and had to sleep sitting up....and could still eat full sized meals. The band does not work for many.
Most Active