still a very big girl and having a revision

Tabitha70
on 8/14/09 3:42 am
I am 8 months out from my revision from RNY to DS (duodenalswitch.com or dsfacts.com) and this week I am officially lower at just 8 months out than I ever got with my RNY.  That's a big thing for me. I still have a lot of weight to lose and don't know where I'll end up but the losing window is supposed to be at least 18 months post-op so I have a lot of hope that I'm going to do much better this time around.  Keeping my fingers crossed for both you and myself that we are successful revision stories!   :-)

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Kathy H.
on 8/14/09 4:59 pm - Kent, WA
I started at 320 and had a VBG in 1987. Lost 135 pounds, then regained it all over the course of the next 20+ years.

In May, I had a revision to a Duodenal Switch, and so far I'm down 74 pounds... so in about 3.5 months, I've lost 74 pounds!! I'm very happy with my decision.

I am eating quite normally, and loving loving LOVING my DS!!

The DS has the best long-term weight-loss statistics of all the weight-loss surgeries. In my opinion, it also has the best post-op quality of life in terms of eating. You'd never know I had WLS if you were to sit down to dinner with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

ginau
on 8/15/09 1:09 am - mesa, AZ
Please be carefull!  Look at at least 2 -3 Surgeons. and research your surgeons and the options that provide for you.  ask to speak with one of their  patients & get their feedback.

But most important be open & honest. be willing to make the required changes. 

Not all Dr's do the same revision surgeries. and  not everyone with good & BAD! issue post . I would urge you to check out other sites as well.  

I was revised to an extended RNY and am very happy with my choice. But it's not the best choice for everyone.   and my story is very close to your own.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active