still a very big girl and having a revision

My question is probably similiar to some of the other post but..... I really need people to answer this question. Okay to make along storie short.when I had my first surgery I was 466. I was losing good about 30 pounds a month. I got down to like 318 that was still consider very morbidly obese (but I think that was dam good coming from over 400 pounds)

I know I heard people say  the weight don't come off as fast like the first surgery. Since im still a pretty big girl will this be the case for me as well. My weight is still in the 300's.

I just need basically some one thats around my size to share with me their story. Even though I'm hearing all these good succes stories, but I'ts people that had a revision that only need to lose 50 to 60 pounds to get back to their goal weight  ( not trying to step on anybody toes) so please don't take what i'm saying and the wrong way

LisaMDCA
on 8/14/09 2:00 am - Santa Clarita, CA
When I had my first surgery I was almost 450.  I lost down to 231.  Then, my suture line broke and I also had a restriction to food ... my opening was only 8mm and I was throwing everything up.  I gained back up to 262!!  So, when I had my revision I had another 112 pounds to lose.  So far, I have lost 29 lbs and tomorrow will be one month out from surgery.  I think it all depends on you and your body.  If you follow exactly what the docs say and take your vitamins like they say and your protein shakes... I think you will do great!

Please let me know how you are doing.  I am not in the exact same boat but I did start out at almost your size.

I'm here if you need an ear.

lisa

Started my journey - 450 lbs (VBG)
Had a revision at - 262 lbs (RNY)

sosoclark
on 8/14/09 4:55 am - Sacramento, CA
I am so glad you posted because i started out at 455 and got down to 295 and now I am at 323 and also seek a revision. I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel keep up the good work. Is your surgeon in CA?

Sophia
No!!! Mine surgeon is in indy, but I will let you know how everything is going for me.
sosoclark
on 8/14/09 5:23 am - Sacramento, CA
I was talking to the first person that responded she is in CA. I notice you werent. Either way good luck to you and hope everything works out. I am in the process of getting to the revision but got to get past just one more doctor.

Sophia
LisaMDCA
on 8/14/09 12:13 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
I went from a VBG to a RNY.

Yes, my doctor is here in Los Angeles, CA.... Dr. Theodore Khalili... he is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

that's great ....so you have lost about almost a pound a day??? what kind  of revision did you have? They say that is true, as long as you do what the doctor order you will do good. I will like to keep in touch. keep up the good work!!!
bigpretty.obesityhelp.
com

on 8/14/09 5:41 am, edited 8/14/09 5:41 am

LISA... THAT'S GOOD SO YOUR LOSING LIKE BASICALLY A POUND A DAY. THAT'S HOW IT WAS WITH ME THE FIRST TIME AROUND. tHAT IS SO TRUE WHAT YOU SAID, IF YOU DO EVERY THING RIGHT THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF. I KNOW I'M BLESSED TO HAVE THIS REVISION SO I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SURGERY FOR GRANTED. THE FIRST TIME AROUND GOT PREGNANT 7 MONTHS AFTER. BASICALLY I WANNA DO EVERYTHING RIGHT!!!

WHAT KIND OF REVISION DID YOU HAVE? I HOPE I CAN DO GOOD, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK  

I WOULD LIKE TO STAY IN TOUCH 

LisaMDCA
on 8/14/09 12:14 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
I went from VBG to RNY... best decision I made... EVER!

Most Active