almost gained all weight back

ksgrande
on 8/12/09 9:48 pm - greencastle, IN
Hello".
I had surgery in 2001 (RNY). I weighed 238. I am 5'7". I have had 2 children...and today I am 220. Needless to say in depressed about my situation. I have moved across the country so thus far I have not found any surgeons who will see me because they didnt do my sugery. Ive had upper and lower gis downa couple years ago..and was told my pouch was 6oz, and nothing out of the ordinary was seen. If anyoe can relate...Id love to hear from you...Kim
Lorie2
on 8/13/09 9:02 am
Hi there,
I went thru something similar. The doc said my pouch wasn't stretched and my stoma was a little stretched. I did research and did a revision to erny. The doctor who did the revision said my stoma was very stretched. Thats why I was hungry all the time. Food would fall right thru into the intestines. At least now when I eat, I don't aborb all those calories. I lhave lost 52 pounds since my revision in Feb. My first rny surgery was in 2003. I live in Wis. and traveled to Michiagan (10hrs) to get this done. It was worth it. I went to a Ds surgeon. I have the lower half of a ds. My common channel is 100cm. My insurance is united health and they covered the revison. It's worth checking into.
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/09 9:45 am - San Diego, CA
Hi there-

I had my RNY in 2002, surgery weight 259.  Thereafter, I lost 115 lbs and after 5 years of maintaining, I gained back 50 lbs. 

On 5/28/09 I had revision surgery (lap-band over my RNY) and have lost 35 lbs as a result.  There is hope!  Keep searching...I am SURE you can find a doctor in your area that will treat you now.  If not, seek help outside of your area.  IT IS WORTH IT, I SWEAR!

Best of luck to you!

=Lisa=

Tracy Ta Da
on 8/19/09 1:28 am - Hurst, TX
Lisa - I have a stretched stoma - I am being told that a lapband would help regain restriction.  I am really unsure of what to do...I have one surgeon telling me that I need to resect an entire section off my intestine and be on a liquid diet for many months and another says a band would help me. Why do you think you gained back the weight?  What has your experience been like financially with the lapband and also with the band and eating itself ? 

Anything you can tell me is VERY appreciated! 

Tracy Ta Da!
JustMe70
on 8/17/09 8:19 am
My story is similar started at 367 had a RNY bypass in 200 am now at 342 very depressed and disgusted which just keeps making the cycle longer for me.

I tried to see my original suregeon he was outraged and would not even utter the word revision that was in 2007 then my ins co. recommended another group which turned out to be a bunch of BS and I am going to be seeing a new group at the end of the month.  What I did was just started looking for suregeons that did revision work look on the find a surgeon forum here that is what I did.

Good luck
Most Active