TYPICAL RESULTS FROM A REVISION

wilivcooke
on 8/15/09 5:08 am

Hello. I read your message and thought you might have some insight for me. I had revision surgery on may 15th 2009(RNY to DS).  I knew that it would not be as fast or easy as the first time, but two months in I stopped losing weight and now I am lucky to lose 2 pounds a week!! I am extremely careful about carbs( only eating wheat pasta or brown rice on rare occasions). I guess my question to you is what was your weight lose trend like over the 8 months and are there any suggestions you would make to help maximize my weight loss. Oh what is this eighteen month post-op window?  Also, if you exercise, how often and what type of exercise do you do? Thank you so much for any infomation you can give me. Trying real hard not to become frustrated!!

Mina
Tabitha70
on 8/18/09 4:37 am
Hi Mina, sorry it took so long for me to see your message.
I'm flattered that you would ask advice of me but I have a long way to go still with my weightloss.  Have you visited the DS Labrat chart?
http://www.epursimuove.com/ds   (you can sort by BMI, age, weight, etc.)
In general a goal is to lose 50% of your excess weight by 6 months. That didn't happen for me and it bothered me but I know that revisioners are known to lose more slowly.  The first 18 months post-op are supposed to be your biggest weight-loss window...not to say that people can't continue to lose after 18 months, it's just the time-frame that most people lose their weight by.
I don't count carbs but I am very conscious of them. I try very hard to stay away from simple carbs. I have noticed that I seem to drop down a pound after I have an extra-good eating day. On days that I get lots and lots of protein in, plus some good fat, I tend to lose a pound.  I think having at least 1 whey protein shake a day helps although I'm not the best at actually doing that.  I'm working on it though!
Don't be a slave to your scale...keep doing the right things and it will happen..try to stay positive.  :-)  And come over to the DS board, there are quite a few revisioners there!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Most Active