Lap-band to VSG or RNY???

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 4:58 am - AZ
On August 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM Pacific Time, CarolinaGirl270 wrote:
On August 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM Pacific Time, Ms Shell wrote:
Given the fact that you did get pregnant soon after having your Band well who knows.

You can still eat around almost ALL of the surgeries even to a degree the DS (which if I was going for a surgery to malabsorb I'd go for).  I have several friends who NEVER once dumped on sugar and fat after their RnY...in fact I get sicker then a few of them off sugar and fat.  I also have friends who did dump initially and who don't dump now that they are further out and now they struggle with OLD habits which die hard.

So it's almost a crap shoot cause from my research and I could be wrong or outdated "only" 50% of RnYers dump, so what happens if you aren't part of the 50%? 

Good luck in your research and becoming warm and fuzzy about your decision.

Ms Shell
Thanks for your reply. I've decided on the sleeve. The RNY is just too expensive and I'm self pay. I have also been reading a lot of  peoples post and the weight loss is incredible. A lot like RNY. I do need a few more months of research but the sleeve is the only thing I will revise to at this point.

Please don't let cost be the deciding factor.  If you want RNY then get RNY.  There are less expensive options out there.

You can eat around a sleeve with no problem.  If you were eating around your band you can do the same thing with any WLS.  But if you need malabsorption, get it.

brandyII
on 8/14/09 12:01 pm
Good luck with the sleeve, after having the lap band I never got that fuzzy feeling again because I lost faith in WLS but after having the RNY and so far being successful I am now getting that fuzzy feeling!  Take care and good luck with your revision, Nancy.
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

Most Active