have anybody got out the hospital in 3 to 5 days after there revision

Teena A.
on 8/12/09 2:09 am, edited 8/12/09 2:11 am - Mesquite, TX
Heather,

I  am glad you had no complications.

Revisions here in Texas at Baylor University Medical Center of Dallas you are generally in the hospital 24-28 hours only unless there is a complication.

You stayed longer probably because you were not local (in Brazil as self-pay) and they did not want you to travel so soon after surgery.

My revison surgery (Lap RNY from Proximal to Distal) is in 21 days on September 2, 2009 and I am not nervous at all.

I am just ready to get the show on the road.

I am doing all of my shopping for pre op non perishable food, protein, and stuff now so I will not be stressed when I get home.

Are you happy with your results thus far?

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 8/12/09 2:08 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Thanks for all the positive responses here.  I am scheduled for  revision from lapband to RNY August 31 and a total bag of nerves.  I was told to expect a 3-5 day hospital stay, I guess that's the normal response.  Good luck to all of you. maryjo
brandyII
on 8/12/09 5:33 am

I had my lap band removed eight months before I got the RNY but because of that there was more scar tissue so it took a little bit longer from what I hear but still spent only two nights in the hospital.  Good luck to you, Nancy.

Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

babsintx
on 8/12/09 6:12 am - GA
Hi,

Lapband to Sleeve here. I stayed in hospital 2 nites.

Babs

LisaMDCA
on 8/12/09 1:49 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
I had my revision (VBG to RNY) on Wednesday morning July 15... 4 1/2 hour surgery because the scar tissue from my tummy adhered to my pancreas and my liver.  However, they did it lap instead of open (THANK GOODNESS)!!!  I was discharged on Monday July 20 late evening.  When they have to mess with the pancreas they keep you a little longer.  My surgeon said... "The pancreas is like the human soul.... you don't wanna mess with it"!  So safe rather than sorry he kept me a while.  

Hope you do well and I am sure you will have no complications!!!  Keep hanging in there and GOOD LUCK!!!!

lisa

Started my journey - 450 lbs (VBG)
Had a revision at - 262 lbs (RNY)

i'm glad that everything work out good for you, and after all that you still was in the hospital just five days. yes im am very nervous but this is something I must do. Thank you for your support GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!  I'll make sure I keep everyone posted.
mew6495
on 8/12/09 11:35 pm - MI
 Hello bigpretty,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING REVISION!  I hope all goes well and you have a very uneventful procedure and speedy recovery.

I had proximal RNY to ERNY.  Procedure was performed open.   Was in the hospital 24 hours and released.  Pain was manageable as long as you follow your pain med regime.  I was back to work in 4 weeks.

just 24hrs that's great... how much weight have you lose?

mew6495
on 8/13/09 12:20 pm - MI
On August 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM Pacific Time, bigpretty.obesityhelp.com wrote:

just 24hrs that's great... how much weight have you lose?

I have lost 59 lbs, at goal and in a size 2!  

Magyargal
on 8/21/09 1:47 pm
Most people are home by the 2ND-4Th day with no problems..Now with mine I was home 2 weeks later!

I also went home with a feeding tube for over 2 months. And I had to have Visiting Nurses come into my home for home visits for almost 2 months..

I'm doing better now. But not being able to work for 3 months!! Really hurt me bad! I'm still playing catch up with my bills. And will be for at least 6 more months.

I knew going into my surgery, that it was going to be a rough one. My surgeon told me. I just didn't believe him. I was always a real trooper! All the best to you. You'll do fine..Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active