have anybody got out the hospital in 3 to 5 days after there revision

hello im having my surgery august the 20th, and I was wondering have anybody got out of the hospital and 3 to 5 days when they were suppose to. I know they say sometimes with a revision the hospital stay can be longer, and also were you in alot of pain and how long did it take you to heal.

Myrna A.
on 8/11/09 10:35 am - Ferris, TX
Hi Bigpretty,
I had a lapband to RNY revision on August 5th, and I got out the next day. The pain was about 7/10 the first  day but then about 3-4/10 the next 2 days. I have no pain now unless I overdo or lift something too heavy. I'm mainly just sore right now-got my staples out today.
Myrna
thanx so much for the respond, b/c I plan to start school the end of the month. I know i'm not going the first week but I was hoping I'll be home and good to go the second week. How is everything going for u I hope good. Have u notice any weight lose since u been home? I heard so many different rumors how the weight don't come off like the first surgery.
Teena A.
on 8/11/09 12:41 pm - Mesquite, TX
I have never heard of anyone staying in the hospital that long for a revision.

The only reason I could see someone being in that long would be a complication.

The normal hospital stay for a revision is usually 24-48 hours give or take.

You will be fine.

Take nice long deep breaths as everything will be fine.

I wish you well with your revision.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

you always say really nice good encouraging things, I wish you well with ur revision  and a speedy recovery!!!
Teena A.
on 8/12/09 1:33 am - Mesquite, TX
It comes easy to be encouraging. I hate negativity. Thank you very much.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

runnergirl
on 8/11/09 1:03 pm - Canada
Hi, I was in surgery at 6pm on a Tuesday night and released Saturday morning at 11am. I was a revision from VBG to RNY. You will do great, speed recovery.

Heather

that's great u wasn't in the hospital know time, thanks for making me feel better. did u get revised to the ds or rny cuz ur profile says ds... just curious

Teena A.
on 8/12/09 1:35 am - Mesquite, TX
Heather,

Tuesday to Saturday is a long time.

Did you have a complication?

Are you revised from VBG to RNY or DS?

Teena Adler

runnergirl
on 8/12/09 2:00 am - Canada
 Hi Teena,

i think my length of stay was normal. I was a VBG to DS revision. I had no complications and my surgery was just around the 2 hour mark.  Infact I was shopping for supplies at the market thesame Saturday I was released from the hospital, (I was in Brazil as a self pay)When is your surgery? lol I remember my nerves pre op and being nervous about being a revision. You will not regret your revision.

Heather
Most Active