StomaphyX Update

jenny P.
on 8/11/09 7:11 am - comanche, ok
Hi Everyone!
I wanted to provide an update on my StomaphyX procedure. I had the surgery done 7/10. Today after 4 weeks I am down 22 lbs. I am now eating things like chicken salad, scrambled eggs, homemade chili, etc... I am keeping up with my work out regimen which my goal is 10,000 steps a day. I normally reach about 8,000 but I am working on it. Prior to July 10th I had lost most if not all restriction. Today a 1/2 cup gets me full. I am back on track with things like vitamin regimens, protein intake, and exercise. My plan or vision for the procedure was to turn me around in the right direction. It has done that and given me confidence that I can achieve my goal. I get absolutley frustrated at myself knowing that had I stayed on track with my RNY and not went back to my old habits I would not have needed this procedure. But, I chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. I am now shopping in my closet for all those clothes I used to fit in, And that to me is exciting.
My new plan is to lose my last 30 lbs by Christmas. I don't think that's unreasonable and NOW I know it's definitley obtainable.
Jen
JRinAZ
on 8/11/09 9:16 am - Layton, UT
On August 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM Pacific Time, jenny P. wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I wanted to provide an update on my StomaphyX procedure. I had the surgery done 7/10. Today after 4 weeks I am down 22 lbs. I am now eating things like chicken salad, scrambled eggs, homemade chili, etc... I am keeping up with my work out regimen which my goal is 10,000 steps a day. I normally reach about 8,000 but I am working on it. Prior to July 10th I had lost most if not all restriction. Today a 1/2 cup gets me full. I am back on track with things like vitamin regimens, protein intake, and exercise. My plan or vision for the procedure was to turn me around in the right direction. It has done that and given me confidence that I can achieve my goal. I get absolutley frustrated at myself knowing that had I stayed on track with my RNY and not went back to my old habits I would not have needed this procedure. But, I chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. I am now shopping in my closet for all those clothes I used to fit in, And that to me is exciting.
My new plan is to lose my last 30 lbs by Christmas. I don't think that's unreasonable and NOW I know it's definitley obtainable.
Jen

High Fives Jenny!!!  That is so fab that you'd return and report to help others!!!  .....  I'll bet your Cristmas will be amazing with all those new "tiny" gifts under the tree!!!  It's great to see positive reports:)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mew6495
on 8/12/09 11:48 pm - MI
 WAY TO GO JENNY!  Congratulations on your success.  How awesome it feels to search for the next size down in clothes rather then the next size up!

If you had a stretched stoma then it was more then likely your wls that failed you rather then it being your fault.  I commend you for addressing the issue and moving forward to get it fixed.

Please keep posting your progress.  I wish you much success in meeting all your personal goals.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/09 10:08 am - San Diego, CA
30 lbs by Christmas is TOTALLY attainable!!!  You are doing great.  Congrats on your success with the Stomaphyx!  Now I can lead people your way when they ask about it on the boards! :)

Keep up the good work Jenny!!!

Tracy Ta Da
on 8/19/09 1:15 am - Hurst, TX
How much does StomaphyX cost?

Tracy
jenny P.
on 8/19/09 6:33 am - comanche, ok
I was out of pocket $6900.00. That included everything but the scope prior to StomaphyX that showed wether I was a candidate for it or not. And my insurance paid for the scope.
Today, I am 20 lbs away from my lowest weight after RNY. But my goal is to lose 25 lbs. I am 6 weeks post op and I've lost 25 lbs so far....here's to another 25!

jenny P.
on 8/31/09 5:35 am - comanche, ok
Hey Everybody!
I just wanted to post and give an update on how things are going. I am down 28 lbs and nearly 8 weeks post op. I am really working at keeping up with my exercise to boost the weight loss. I feel great but the journey as always is still a difficult one. Beginning Friday I am out of the mushy foods phase but for me that is the hardest point. Making sure that I weigh and measure my foods. Staying away from snack foods...etc..
On the super bright side I am 19 lbs away from my lowest weight after RNY and ony 25 lbs away from the Goal I set for myself.
Jen
Most Active