Haven't posted in ages

norma4797
on 8/10/09 12:04 pm - NJ
Hi Family,

I haven't been on this board in ages but much has changed.  I had my revision surgery on 9-9-08 and have lost a total of 85 pounds.  I had the lap band first which I developed complications with after a year and had it removed and revised to a gastric bypass. 

I started at 334 pounds and now I am 230 pounds.  During this time I continued school and have just 7 classes to go to get mymasters degree from Phoenix.  This year I finally went all out and brought my first home.  For some this may not be a big deal but for me it was huge.  I am a single parent and in buying this house I am fulfilling not only my dreams but that of my mother who has long past and always dreamed of having her own home.

Work is a day to day struggle but I am extremely grateful to have a job that pays well and has awesome benefits.  Now the issues.  I am deficient in Vitamin D and Calcium.  My D level is 7 and my calcium is 13.  No osteoporosis found on bone scan and I did an intense regime of 10,000 IU of Vitamin D over 8 weeks and will be getting new bloodwork done soon.  After the surgey I have become lactose intolerant and do not tolerate fat well either.

The deficiency makes me extremely tired.  Not to mention that with this move my commute went from 15 minutes to an hour and 10 minutes one way daily.  I can not find the strength to exercise and still need to lose at least 40 pounds.  My goal was to get to 180 lbs but it seems unattainable.

I work in a place were many people have had weight lost surgery.  Everyone looks sickly and way too thin and I still look good yet I am asked constantly why haven't I lost more weight.  Like I do not have enough stress to deal with.

Has anyone had this issue?  Any ideas on what I can do?  I sure could use some support from those of you who have been or are in the same boat.
Norma

If you love yourself first then all others will too.  Never judge me by looking at my shell, instead try to look at my soul.

Lap Band 2-1-07   starting weight 317 lost 50 pounds gained 25 back  

Revision to Gastric Bypass on 9-9-08 starting weight was 294

Michele T.
on 8/10/09 2:12 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Congrats on all your success!  You have my deepest admiration for all that you've achieved!

10,000 D isn't enough when you're that low!  Mine was in the 20's and I took 50,000 to bring it back to an acceptable level.  You also need to make sure that you're using a Dry form (not oil based) as that's the only way we'll absorb it.  You can get it from www.vitalady.com.  Michelle (Vitalady) will be happy to suggest other supplements that you should take.  Just email her-- [email protected].

Michele
Most Active