ABC's of a revision by Eric Schlesinger, MD, FACS

Teena A.
on 8/10/09 5:21 am - Mesquite, TX
You are welcome.

There are lots of information online so be sure to  do your own research outside of OH as well.

It is good that you too posted a question on the board as far as if people are happy with their revisions from proximal to distal as I posted the same a few weeks ago.

Good luck with your revision.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

llittle
on 8/10/09 6:16 am - w farmington, ON
There is so much information on the board.  I have been doing research by placing a searches.  Sometimes I think I oversearch.  There is so much, but it is much appreciated.  I studied about the DS because I had no idea I was going to get the distal until last Wednesday.  I still want to get the revision.  I hope you don't feel like your time was wasted by posting.  I really enjoyed the article. 
Blessings

fullofjoy

Teena A.
on 8/10/09 6:26 am - Mesquite, TX
llittle,

No my time was not wasted by posting the information I found as the band does not even apply to me and my revision or yours.

I also have no interest in communicating with people who are know it alls and are negative so it did not phase me by any means.

There is a lot of information out there and it is very hard to decipher which is good info or bad so it is a catch 20/20 and all you can do is keep asking questions and checking on additional information.

Why did you think you were getting DS?

Does your doctor even perform DS?

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 8/12/09 1:57 am - Mesquite, TX
llittle
on 8/10/09 6:50 am - w farmington, ON
Yes, he does do the revisions to DS.  I believe that it is only in extreme cases.  I had my first appointment in May  and I specifically told him I wanted revised to DS.  We talked about it and he told me everything that was involved with the surgery.  So I went forward and got all of my testing and insurance approval completed.  Then, when I had my consulatation he told me that I was getting bowel only.  When I asked him what that was, he said he would not touch the pouch.  He said that he gets the same results with this surgery.  I did not get much time with him at the consultation. 
Blessings

fullofjoy

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/10/09 8:46 am
Hon, that is called the "bait and don't switch". He doesn't do revisions to DS, he is giving you a RNY revision. That will combine the worst of both surgeries. There are only a few surgeons that are capable of a full RNY to DS revision, and he's not one.

The RNY revision he is giving you, is much easier for him to do, but it won't be easier for you to live with. I'd dump a surgeon that was pulling that BS.
Teena A.
on 8/12/09 1:55 am, edited 8/12/09 1:55 am - Mesquite, TX
Teena A.
on 8/12/09 1:58 am - Mesquite, TX
llittle,

Well what did they say when you called them back yesterday?

Teena Adler

Kerry J.
on 8/19/09 3:51 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Yep, he tried to pull that same crap on me too, so I went to a real DS surgeon and had no problem getting the full DS and it's like heaven after having that damn pouch for 28 years.

Schlesinger is not a DS surgeon, he claims he is, but it's just a bait & don't switch con job.

Kerry
JROLFSON
on 8/20/09 7:43 am, edited 8/20/09 7:46 am - St. George, UT
This post is in response to Kerry and Bearmom's post to Little, I believe her name is....

I think you guys may have stepped on your tongue's a bit as I believe Little was not speaking of Dr. S but instead she was talking about Dr. Maguire...

If you go back and read her latest posts she speaks about meeting with Dr. Maguire not Dr. S and he informed her she would be getting the distal not the DS like she originally had thought...

Maybe I'm wrong here but I believe you should check it out and maybe not trash Dr. S for something he had nothing to do with....Probably you were confused and assumed it was him because of the title of the thread ABC's of Revision which yes, Dr. S did write...

Don't mean to upset anyone just felt since we're all trying to get our facts straight here maybe the both of you should as well...

JRolfson
Most Active