HELP!

dmwilson
on 8/9/09 2:32 am - tucson, AZ
Hi Family,
I have some questions and concerns, I had my original RNY in 11/05 with a surgeon in tucson . lost a total of 130 pds. Dr. Juarez has been my on going surgeon for a revision and my EDG that was preformed, showed (His words) that I have an overly streched stoma and stomach and my stomach is producing to much acid. I also  have gained 40 pds.  have cronic vomitting, no restriction in my pouch, back on blood pressure meds. and very animec. So due to my results he has suggested to reduce my stoma and pouch once again this will be a lapriscopic procedure, he said the weight will begin to come off again but not as fast as the first time, and with the weight loss everything should start to go back to normal. Does this procedure sound familar to anyone? Has anyone had this done and has had a successful outcome? Please give me some insight.

Thanks Diane
Kathy H.
on 8/9/09 2:47 am - Kent, WA
I think  you're REALLY smart for asking lots of questions, Diane.

I'm sorry you're having so many issues. It's disheartening, isn't it, to have a WLS and then end up with not only regain, but a host of other issues, as well.

My caution to you would be this: your doctor is giving you solutions based on what tools he has in HIS toolbox ... they're not necessarily going to be the best solution for your cir****tances. You may benefit by contacting some other surgeons who aren't restricted to RNY-based solutions, like your doctor is.

My first reaction to what your doc is suggesting is, "if a pouch didn't work before, what makes you think a pouch will work for her in the future, regardless of the size?"  I mean, you didn't start out with a large pouch, did you?

I suggest you contact some revision surgeons with a larger tool box... ones that may have other solutions to offer you that differ from the one your surgeon is offering. Personally, I wouldn't be so eager to repeat or redo the surgery that has already failed me.

There is some information in a thread below this one that might help you find a surgeon to consult. Most of them will be happy to give you their thoughts via an email conversation. BRIEFLY explain your cir****tances, and ask them what their approach would be ... what solutions they see benefitting you not only in additional weight loss, but in correcting some of your other issues, as well.

The very best of luck to you! Keep asking questions, and be sure to explore ALL your options ... not just the options a single surgeon is presenting!

Kathy

This is the thread I mentioned above:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3996523/Anyone-had-Dr-Greenbaum-for-revision/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Most Active