Stomaphyx Results! Positive Inquiries Only

jenny P.
on 8/3/09 7:13 am - comanche, ok
Hi, Everyone!
I recently had my 3 week post op visit with the doc and I am down 20 lbs. I am still on pureed foods but 1/2 cup is filling me up so that's great! I obviously don't have the restriction like I did after RNY because I remember drinking my liquid's out of a tiny medicine cup but it is giving me the tool to get started in the right direction. I am walking anywhere from 1.5 to 3 miles a day in addition to my food restrictions so that is helping the weight loss. I didn't realize until my dietician told me that I needed between 800 and 1,000 calories a day to keep the weight loss going. I had only been averaging around 600 to 700 calories a day. Anyway...just wanted to update everyone. Friday I will be able to eat things like tuna salad, egg whites, oatmeal...Mushy stuff so I think that will be the real test of how this surgery actually worked. I hear from everyones posts that once I get to eat real food I'll be right back where I started. Yikes!
Here's to me using the tool and staying on the right track.
Bye for now
Jen
mcnealjw
on 8/3/09 7:17 pm - Louisa, VA
StomaphyX on 07/31/09 with

Great Job!  Thanks for sharing.  I had my procedure done on Friday.  I have some minor pains btwn my breast bone but other than that I feel fine.  Man it is SO hard to fight off cravings for everything that I would like to eat.  I am praying that this time around I won't fall into the trap of too many unhealthy snacks. 

bena
on 8/13/10 5:39 am - Hallandale, FL
I am considering the Stomphx- how are you doing with it?  I appreciate candid feedback.

brenda
Diana2121
on 8/14/09 2:32 pm - Mishawaka, IN
Good job with the weight loss to all!
I am really interested in Stomophyx, but was wondering
if anyone knew anything about insurance Medicare is what is
covering me. I called a doctor close by, and he said that they
mostly do revisions since no insurance company that he
has heard of covers this. I really want this surgery done in
the next 1-2 months. I was at 360 and had a Open Gastric Bypass five years ago,
then I dropped down to 200, now I am 250. I want to get under 200!
It seems that this procudure is very uncomlicated compared to revision.
So if you all don't mind my asking about insurance what companys or percentage paid
did thouse who had Stomophyx's cover?
Thank You all so much, and keep up the good work, I hope to be posting my success with my weight when I get my Stomophyx.
Victoria A.
on 8/19/09 3:50 am - Thousand Oaks, CA
Hello, I just recently had the stomaphyx procedure done on 8/11/2009.  I have dropped over 10.2 pounds in 8 days and I am feeling great.  I had gained a bit of my original weight back from a open RNY and I was having dumping syndrome.  The food would not stay in my stomach and would not process, I was always tired and always hungry.  I still couldn't eat a lot, but the food I did eat went right through me.  I had chronic diarrehea (dumping syndrome).

Since the procedure, I am left satiated and now my food is processing better.  I have seen the positive and negative comments on this thread and personally, I hope for the best with my procedure.

Sometimes when people gain weight after having gastric bypass, it can be as simple as the stoma stretching out.  My pouch was still only about 3.5 X3.5 however the stoma had stretched to keep me from feeling full.

I had a upper GI and all the tests to confirm the diagnosis before proceeding.  My insurance Aetna PPO had this approved within 3 days after submission.

Wishing you all well,

Victoria
RNYtoStomaPhyx
on 8/26/09 5:55 pm - adfbdafb, OR
 Victoria,

Please email me privately if you can.  Did you have the procedure done by Dr Wetter?  I ask because I noticed you are in Millbrae.

thanks!
Victoria A.
on 8/13/10 8:05 am - Thousand Oaks, CA
Hello, I apologize for such a delay in getting back to you.  Yes I had the procedure done by Dr. Wetter.  Although I was happy with the initial results I had lost 32 pounds, I have gained 10 of it back again. 

I can say I am happy about having the procedure, though it was more painful then the open Rny
bena
on 8/13/10 5:42 am - Hallandale, FL
Please let me know how you are doing because I am considering this as well.

brenda
cuttinojo
on 6/3/18 3:55 pm
Revision on 04/04/18

I know this post is old but I would like to know did the Stomaphyx revision work?

berryphila
on 2/18/11 5:57 am - Cherry Hill, NJ
I am considering the stomaphyx. I have an appointment on tuesday with a surgeon. My gastric bypass doctor refrred me to his collegue for the procedure. I really trust him. How has the procedure worked for you say in the first year? After that I really believe it is exercise that keeps the weight off.
Most Active