Painful RYN revision

Christine B.
on 7/26/09 9:28 am - Stratford, CT
Wow..I knew I'd be sore but this pain is dreadful. Not only did I have a revision but I also had 2 hernias repaired. I went in Monday morning and was sent home Wednesday afternoon. Norwalk hospital was awful this time around. The Docs were GREAT but a few of the nurses were horrible and the aides were terrible. It's odd but with the revision I am on liquid diet but I am SO hungry! I drink broth, water, and jello. It feels as though I may not be as restricted. I guess once I heal things will settle out. I go for my post-op appt. on Wednedsay. I just need to go and rest... OUCH..it hurts!!!
Monique H.
on 7/27/09 2:55 am
First off congratulations on your revision. I was in pain and had nausea for over a month after mine, but hopefully it won't be as bad for you. What revision did you have? I hope and pray it will get easier for you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Christine B.
on 7/30/09 8:56 pm - Stratford, CT
Thank you  for your reply. I had RNY 5 years ago. I had lost 225 pounds! Then I came pregnant with twins and my body went rthough some serious changes. I gained back 50 pounds and started to feel like my old self. I also developed 2 different types of hernias. So, I had them both repaired and my pouch was made smaller. The original RNY bypassed quite a bit of my intestines so the doc really didn't have much to work with other than making my pouch smaller and removing part of my stomach. It's been 11 days post-op and I am feeling so much better. I have a lot of bruising and swelling but the pain is subsiding- thank God! At my post-op my doctor acted disappointed that I had only lost 5 pounds in the first week- I kindly reminded him that I was also dehydrated so they blasted me with iv fluids!! I keep trying to exercise but it's not easy to accomplish with 21 month twins!!

Christine

"You won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been"

Most Active