Confussed about help after gastric bypass

Bcastil
on 7/24/09 4:21 am - Grand Island, NY
I have not seen a biatric dr yet but I am a little confused.  Is there help once you have the gastric bypass?  If so what are some of the things that can be done. I dont know if I would be a canidate since I have suffered with acid reflux since the surgery and problems with digestion.  Please dont use letters since I am not familar as to what type of surgery they stand for.
Thanks so much.  I was looking into the ROSE but if there are others I would like to research them to see what would be best for me.
Thanks Bridget
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/09 6:27 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Bridget-

Directly to the right of this message you are reading --------------------------------------------------------->   there is a list of all types of revision surgeries available.  All of the items in blue are links which you can click on to read the information contained therein.  

PLEASE CONDUCT EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON THE VARIOUS SURGERIES...to avoid lack of knowledge and hasty decisions.  This is the most solid advice I can give you.

I just had a lap-band placed over my gastric bypass and while I am very early out (surgery was 5/29/09), I am experiencing great success and have lost 26 lbs since then which is more than half of what I had gained back.

Good luck!

shele
on 7/26/09 9:47 pm

Wow Lisa!

That is great!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 11:58 am - San Diego, CA
Thanks Shele!!  I am very VERY excited about everything...how are you doing?
Most Active