I have a date

La'Toya H.
on 7/24/09 8:32 am - Frisco, TX
I am very excited I was approved to have my lapband surgery revised to a RNY. I am a little nervous because the band surgery caused nothing but problems, a lot of GI upset, hernia, dialated esophagus etc.. I hope the RNY is the better choice.. The diet seems the same with the exception of the sugar intake, from what I understand there is a concern with leaks when revising to an RNY??

anyone have any pointers for me?

Respectfully,
La'Toya

angibug
on 7/24/09 9:38 am - Las Vegas, NV
CoNgRaTs!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/09 2:18 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Congrats!  I too am having a revision to the RNY!  Please let me know how you do!  Obviously I don't have any pointers......but I hope everything goes well!
brandyII
on 7/25/09 9:00 am
Good luck,

I feel new at this as I revised from lap band to RNY on 6/11 and I had it done in a two step process because I didn't think of revising at the time.  For me there's a big difference in the fact that RNY I'm losing weight and with the lap band I never did.  Had GERD with the band and they were able to remove it due to that and due to no weightloss.  I'm not going to say it's been easy and it takes a lot of learning to live with RNY but to me so far it's been worth it!  Nancy.
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

La'Toya H.
on 7/27/09 2:58 am - Frisco, TX
Congrats on your new focus.. so how was your pre-op diet prior to your revision?

Respectfully,
La'Toya

Monique H.
on 7/27/09 3:00 am
congratulations!!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
NIKKO69
on 7/30/09 3:13 am - Atlanta, GA
Congratulations! RNY is the best, you are going to be so happy!!!
Most Active