What a difference a month makes!

Heather M.
on 7/22/09 3:00 am - Rosedale, MD
My new avatar is me "now".  Below left is me pre-band back in 2006.  Below right is me just days before my band slipped that ended up turning into my VSG revision.  I can't get over the difference between just the pic on the right and my avatar!  It's only been since 6/11!  The sleeve ROCKS!

Revised to VSG (6/11/09) weighing 253...

skifan1
on 7/22/09 10:36 am - OH
WOW!! You have really lost a lot of weight!  I am looking into getting a band to sleeve revision.  How  did you do the first couple days after surgery?  Some people talk about a lot of nausea and even vomiting on the second day after surgery.  Not sure if that is a reaction to the anasthesia or from the surgery itself (since they are takling out 80% of your stomach!).  Are you hungry at all?  I am looking forward to getting the VSG.....

Theresa
Heather M.
on 7/22/09 11:16 am - Rosedale, MD
Theresa,

I did great directly after surgery and even up through now. I'd be willing to bet that the nausea people are talking about is from the anesthesia rather than the actual sleeve.  I'm never hungry, but some mornings I get a gurgle in my throat which I think is a morning hunger signal.  My issue is I'm not drinking enough, but I'm working on that!

angibug
on 7/22/09 1:36 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Kudos! You do look great! Do you know how much you lost in the past month?
Heather M.
on 7/26/09 9:58 am - Rosedale, MD
Yep!  27 pounds!!!

Michele T.
on 7/22/09 1:46 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Great new do too!  You look terrific!

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/09 2:36 am - AZ
On July 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, Heather M. wrote:
My new avatar is me "now".  Below left is me pre-band back in 2006.  Below right is me just days before my band slipped that ended up turning into my VSG revision.  I can't get over the difference between just the pic on the right and my avatar!  It's only been since 6/11!  The sleeve ROCKS!

You look great!

And you are right, the sleeve ROCKS!  It's my mantra. ;o)

For those that are good to go with restriction only the sleeve is fantastic.  And isn't it a gazillion times easier than banding??

Never again will I have a band/stoma!

Heather M.
on 7/26/09 10:00 am - Rosedale, MD
OMG, indeed!  I LOVE my sleeve!  It is a gazillion, billion, million times easier!  It's like REAL life eating with just a tiny fast filling pouchie! Me and my 4 year old can share a kids meal (not from fast food) and we sometimes still have leftovers!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 3:16 am - MO
 Heather, you look FABULOUS!  What made you decide on the sleeve rather than one of the other procedures?  I've only been banded for less than 6 months but I've been having problems and am very disappointed so far.  I just want to know what my options are -- I can't go back to "nothing" and I know so little about VSG -- it sounds scary, what made you decide on that one?

Thanks, keep it up!  I'm so happy for you!
Lex
Heather M.
on 7/26/09 10:15 am - Rosedale, MD
Well, my doc was going to go in and fix the band slip that I had and when he got in there he found a ton of scar tissue. The slip couldn't be fixed and he didn't feel comfortable placing a different band.  We had discussed the sleeve prior to surgery and I was VERY pleased with that.  I did not want malabsorption and since the sleeve is restrictive only it was a perfect choice for me.  I don't need the malabsorption since I did very well with my band (80 pounds in about 14 months).  The sleeve is not scary. It's a RNY size pouch just no malabsorption.  To me it's no more scary than the band and with the sleeve there is no port anymore!  How strange it is to not have my "monkey" poking out! LOL

Most Active