wound care/potential postponement

coachmnowak
on 7/22/09 7:31 am
I had my RNY BP  June of 2002.  Have put  90lbs back on.  Saw my surgeon said lets do the open RNY revision... got insurance approval... (just a little background)

My doctor told me that with an open revision that its likely i will have wound issues...  Even warned me to the point of saying i might need a home health nurse to come in and "pack" the incisison....

can anyone give me more information on this?

Also-  my surgery is 3 weeks from this past monday.  I gained 10lbs since i saw my doctor in mid may.... HE was pissed.  First he called and told me i needed to start a high protein liquad diet immediately... the next day he calls and leaves on my  VM that he thinks he wants to postpone my surgery until i lose some weight...  Least i say i am a little disappointed...  I got three weeks to lose the 10lbs plus whatever else...  Anyone have any thoughts on this situation? I  know i screwed up and put 10lbs on... yet at the same time... I have worked my @$$ off to get this revision arranged, child care, set up at work...so on and so on...  I have been calling him for 2 days and he hasnt returned my calls... Anyone have any thoughts on this situation?  Advice?
A journey toward something is also a journey away from something.
Whatever we give our mental attention to in our lives will increase in our lives.
If you want to sleep later go to bed earlier.

Most Active