Help after RNY Revision

moftpity
on 7/21/09 9:45 am - Goodyear, AZ
I have been having problems for over a year back and forth to my regular Dr.  My surgeon is in Texas and I am in AZ.  Finally got my Dr to order a CTscan and Upper GI.  The UGI found that I am leaking barium to my old stomach, alot.  I am getting a revision done to correct the miserable problem.

My question is what is this surgery all about afterwards?  Is it just like the first time?  Will I have be starting all over with vomitting and very small amounts of food?  I am nervous this time around more than i was the first time.  Maybe because the first time I knew what it was going to be like and needed the change for my health.  This time I need to loose weight I have gained but not sure what to expect.  Anyone with input to the after revision effects let me know. 

I look forward to loosing again and feeling better when I eat.  Maybe the back burning will go away finally. 
Keisha R.
on 7/21/09 10:35 pm - Fairburn, GA
Yes, it is like the first time.  You will be eating small amounts of food until your body re-acclimates itself to the new stomach.
wrkplaydream
on 7/22/09 4:33 pm
I was just reading the posts and thought this might be a place to start with my question; I had a RNY 7 years ago and lost 115 lbs, in the last year I have managed to gain 40 lbs and I am looking at having a RNY revision done.  I would like to go to my old surgeon but the cost is 25,000 and I can get the same procedure done in Mexico for 9,000 and have got nothing but kudos on the Dr. in Mexico.  I am really wondering if I will lose weight like the first time I had the RNY done and does it really feel the same as far as not being able to eat more than 2 tbl spoons at a time, etc?  Any feedback is appreciated, THX
jeanyjane
on 7/22/09 3:27 am - Germany
There are different types of revisions availible. Do you really just want the pouch repaired? How much do you have to loose? Regarding the amount you want/need to loose, you might do better with a full revision to the ERNY or the DS. Reparing the pouch will probably give you some restriction back (at least for the first months), but a failed RNY is like a yo-yo-diet for the body and has most likely further damaged your metabolism, and you may need to increase the malabsorbation if you want to get to goal and, even more important, stay there.

Good luck!
smileyjamie72
on 7/22/09 7:52 am - Palmer, AK
I was just curious about the problems/symptoms you had been having for the last year??  (Personally, that totally stinks that you had to wait SO DARN LONG for an answer)
I did not see any updates in your profile talking about it.

THANKS!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

ginau
on 7/22/09 11:04 am - mesa, AZ

What Dr is doing the repair ?   & What are they planning on doing  to fix your issue ?   that will answer a lot of your questions.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

tochatty
on 7/26/09 4:20 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I'm in Arizona myself and have a rupture in my staple line as well and so I am seeing Dr S in Arizona about revision to ERNY, I had Open RNY in 2000 and I originally lost 150 lbs and since have put back on 80 lbs.

I am working towards making better habits and choices now to make the transition into my forever life and beyond smoother.  But it is hard.  I'm a total carb addict and I am learing about myself just in general with my PCOS that I should not be doing carbs anyway so I have several reasons to justify eating healthier and better for life.

There are tons of support groups in the valley.  Be sure to check out one and meet others who have also had revision.

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

punkie112003
on 7/26/09 1:10 pm - West Monroe, LA
I had gastric bypass done in 1993 and lost about 120 to 130 pounds. Unfortunately, after having my second child started putting weight back on. Started checking into all the revisions surgerys and decided on the ROSE. I chose a Dr in Tx and had an EGD done. Found out that my pouch was almost double in size and stoma opening was close to triple in size. The ROSE fixes both these problems. It is like having the gastric all over again except minus all the pain and nausea. You are on liquid diet for a week after and then you progress. I just had it done on July 23rd but so far so good! It was very easy, it is just finding a Dr that does it. 

Hope this helps
Anissa
Most Active