Rose Procedure (Restorative Obesity Surgery Endescope)

ROSIE408
on 2/18/10 4:40 am - San Jose, CA
and how can i get a copy of the newletter?
kaf675
on 5/4/10 8:19 am
would you please tell me how you are doing with the  rose procedure.looking into having it  thanks kathryn
punkie112003
on 5/17/10 8:56 am - West Monroe, LA
Hi sorry it has taken me so long to respond. At the time I received notification of your question, I was on an emergency trip back to my Dr in Dallas who did my revision. I thought that something had gone wrong with my revision and wanted to wait to respond to your email. I have since found out that my problem was an ulcer which is not associated with having ROSE.
I had ROSE done July 23, 2009, and have lost 30 pounds. The procedure itself is very easy on you and I went shopping that afternoon after having it. I have not lost like I would have liked but the dr did tell me that I wouldn't loose like I did when I had gastric bypass. When you try to "diet" or cut back eating as much calories your body remembers when you "tried" to starve it when you had gastric bypass. Your system has learned to live off a certain amount of calories and has adjusted to surviving on a small amount of calories. As you diet, it goes into reserve mode and it is very hard to loose weight. Like I said I have only lost 30. I did get my restriction back and eat like I did after having gastric bypass (little amount and no carbonation) but my system has learned to survive on little and it is a struggle. 
I hope this helps you in your decision. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Anissa
ROSIE408
on 2/18/10 4:38 am - San Jose, CA
how did you pay for the rose procedure? and if you pay out of pocket how much? thank you
nshouston
on 8/16/09 11:57 am - dallas, TX
 What is the average cost for a revision?
Bcastil
on 8/17/09 3:08 am - Grand Island, NY
I believe it would be covered under your medical plan. If you are morbidly obese. That is what the insurance and the doctors call us if we are over a weight limit of I think 100lbs.
zipper55
on 7/8/10 9:20 pm - Chandler, TX
I am looking for a bariatric surgeon in Texas that performs the ROSE surgery. I want to get started on this as soon as possible.  Thanks!
Most Active