Anyone used Dr. Husted-Nashville?

Sheron
on 7/19/09 9:36 pm
I am thinking about a revision.  Has anyone had Dr. Husted perform a revision on themself?  If so, which revision did he perform?  How long are you out, and how successful was the surgery?  One last thing; How much weight have you lost? 

Thanks a bunch,

Kerry J.
on 7/19/09 9:46 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Hi Sheron,

There are a bunch of Dr. Husted revision patients who post on the DS Forum:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

Dr. Husted is well regarded over on the DS Forum, there are many happy campers there you could talk to about him.

I considered using Dr. Husted, but he was in the middle of his move to KY and I went with Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco. 85 pounds so far for me, but I really have not been concentrating on losing weight for the last few months, I'm working on building strength and endurance so I'm not losing much weight. I have been losing inches and gaining muscle and endurance so I'm very happy with the results.

Kerry

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 12:31 am - AZ
On July 20, 2009 at 4:36 AM Pacific Time, Sheron wrote:
I am thinking about a revision.  Has anyone had Dr. Husted perform a revision on themself?  If so, which revision did he perform?  How long are you out, and how successful was the surgery?  One last thing; How much weight have you lost? 

Thanks a bunch,

What surgery type do you have now?

Sheron
on 7/20/09 10:11 pm
I have Roux and Y proximal.  I appreciate all of the information. 
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/20/09 6:32 am
IMHO, I think he's in the top 3 in the world for revision surgery. Like Kerry said, he has lots of peeps on the DS board, so you may want to ask there, particularly if the DS is what your looking at.
Keisha R.
on 7/21/09 10:40 pm - Fairburn, GA
My husband will be using Dr. Husted and is revising from an RNY to a DS due to his BMI being so high.  Dr. Husted is actually in Somerset, KY and no longer practices in Nashville, but he is definitely an excellent choice as a surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/09 9:56 am - KY
That is a cool avatar. 
Keisha R.
on 8/18/09 11:14 am - Fairburn, GA
Thanks somebody sent me a link that created it on facebook.
Tabitha70
on 8/14/09 3:50 am
Love Dr. Husted!
He performed my RNY to DS revision in December and I am down 117lbs. 
You can read my profile for more stuff.  He's a great surgeon, *especially* for anyone seeking a revision.   :-)

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Most Active