3 yrs and counting

ginau
on 7/18/09 1:46 am - mesa, AZ
O.H. sent me an anniversary greeting today. 

It was 3yrs ago today that  I underwent my original RNY at Scottsdale Shea.  at 425 lbs.   I dropped 125 lbs in the next 13 months , struggled  with  gaining 15lbs over the next 6 months . 

Just over a yr ago I had my surgical revision with Dr S. I have lost another 65 lbs  and continue to loose .. last month I dropped 10 lbs .. and today I weighed and down another 2lbs.

While I am not at my personal goal weight yet. I feel I am pretty darn close .. a mere 50 lbs - I can do this !!

The moral of my story ..... 
 It takes time !  Dont give up !
 Face your demons. ( sugar, carbs )
 keep  going to support groups - they do help!

*** highest weight  452
*** currently  248 &  Proud of it

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 10:48 pm
Congrats on your success. Keep it up and those mere 50 lbs. will be gone. It's all hard work but in the end well worth it! Enjoy it!!

Hugs and continue with the great work!

Tara
jennrichardson
on 7/20/09 7:57 am - Hurst, TX
Congratulations! What type of revision did you have?

Jenn
ginau
on 7/21/09 9:00 am - mesa, AZ
Jenn

Sorry for late response ..

I was revised from a proximinal RNY to a Extended by Dr Schlesinger here in Az.   I currently have a 75 cm common channel.  as do a couple others here on the Board.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/20/09 1:05 pm
Hi and congrats!!  Keep up the great work you only have 50 to go.  All the best good talking to you tonight.[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIiksBB/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wIiksBB/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

JROLFSON
on 7/21/09 12:38 am - St. George, UT
WOW! Gina that is amazing, you're amazing...So good to see that this surgery is still working for you even after a year gone by...Most RNY's only last a good 6 months...

Janie
Monique H.
on 7/21/09 2:13 am
I just wanted to say keep up the good work and I'm praying that we all make it to our goals.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active