Not 100% sure I want to go down this road, but tired of being stuck

terilynn112
on 7/18/09 12:07 am - maryland, NY
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 3:19 am - AZ
>>I'm lapbanded not quite a year now. I've lost tons of inches, not much weight. I look awesome, so I'm told. I don't see it. But I'm so tired of either being hungry all the time or stuck. I can't find a happy medium with this plastic.

My question is... if I were to go revision, which being a friend with the exact same insurance has done it... I can assume I'll be covered, where do you start? My surgeon's office (her original surgeon), doesn't do revisions yet. They are working on protocols to be approved for it. How do you go about finding one?<<

What is your BMI today?  What insurance do you have?  Which revision do you want?  Do you have a problem with the band such as a leak or band intolerance?

terilynn112
on 7/18/09 10:42 pm - maryland, NY
right now it's being considered a questionable band intolerance. I would have to go RNY, as my insurance absolutely won't cover any other. I have medicare. My bmi right now is 39.8.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

wings
on 7/21/09 11:53 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Teri please check out the DS.  Medicare does pay for this.  You have to research for a surgeon who takes Medicare and does his surgeries in a COE (Center of Excellance) facility.
Carla
Most Active