Help ERNY'S or anyone with similiar issues!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/09 10:45 pm
So I had a revision done last month and am having major issues with food. I had Original RNY in 2003 and my revision was June 19th to basically the same thing as an ERNY. Just my dr. doesn't call it that.

I need help with food ideas. It seems I am constantly in the bathroom and this is not ok when I'm at work. Anyone have meal plans/food ideas or any advice on some fiber pills? I need to find a happy balance so I can function and eat kind of normal.

I'm tired of living tuna fish and yogurt.
Any help is greatly appreciated.. or even any websites that may be useful.

Thank You,
Tara
Debbie M.
on 7/19/09 1:16 am
go to www.cooks.com, check out some receipes, I bet you'll get some great ideas.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

shele
on 7/19/09 9:34 am

Hey Tara,

I eat eggs and bacon ,  salad( little lettuce) lots dressing cheese bacon sunflower seeds and cottage cheese.  I am not a cottage cheese fan, but it kind of dissapears in the mix.   Pork rinds, not crazy bout them but better than chips.  Nuts, seeds. ( found some choc dusted almonds.. no sugar! deviled eggs. fluff, cottage cheese dessert( cottage cheese sf jello cool whip and pecans, chicken wings . Fried green beans( had those at tgi fridays and they were awesome!

Thats pretty much my diet, and of course protein shakes.

Hope it helps in some way!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/09 9:51 am
It sure does help...
 I need all the help I can get. Me having to go to the bathroom 12 times at work isn't WORKING.

Thank you,
Tara
BETTYXOXO
on 7/19/09 3:52 pm - FULLERTON, CA
I realize you issues with food may not be same as mine but I did want to wish you good luck.
bettyxoxo

Betty XOXO

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 12:38 am - AZ
On July 19, 2009 at 5:45 AM Pacific Time, tara_b wrote:
So I had a revision done last month and am having major issues with food. I had Original RNY in 2003 and my revision was June 19th to basically the same thing as an ERNY. Just my dr. doesn't call it that.

I need help with food ideas. It seems I am constantly in the bathroom and this is not ok when I'm at work. Anyone have meal plans/food ideas or any advice on some fiber pills? I need to find a happy balance so I can function and eat kind of normal.

I'm tired of living tuna fish and yogurt.
Any help is greatly appreciated.. or even any websites that may be useful.

Thank You,
Tara

When I was banded half the time I had a really hard time getting food to stay down (the other half of the time I could eat anything in any quantity).  One product I used for fiber and it was pretty good.  It is here:

www26.netrition.com/dixie_soy_rocks_bars.html

I liked the apple flavor.  If you scroll down you'll see the food label.

Protein 10gms
Calories 90
Fiber 12gms
Carbs 15gms
Sugar 3gms

I don't know if this is something you might want to try but it was helpful to me when I was struggling with band problems.

Chellie
on 7/20/09 8:43 am - PA
Hi Tara,

Michelle V has a website that has tons of useful stuff, recipies galore... protein drinks, softer foods, etc... check it out... I think you will like it

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/
HW-525/RevW-409/GW- 200/CW-177...
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 8:04 am
Awesome site.. THANK YOU!!
ginau
on 7/22/09 11:19 am - mesa, AZ
Tara

Sorry to hear of your issue's . But I have been ther and done that.  It does take a little while and Should  get better.

One thing I can share that worked for me ..  is use some Benefiber in your protein shakes.  1 teaspoon 2x a day .   It helps to equalize out the  fluid in your stool.  also keep carbs  to a minimum.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lorie2
on 7/22/09 7:45 am
Hi there,

I'm going thru the same thing as you are. I had an erny done in Feb. My doc put me on flagyl thinking there was a bacteria in there. No help.. The told me to do some fiber which I started a powder i put in my food and drinks. (can't taste it at all). They also told me to do probiotics. I also started that. Also get Activia yogurt. It has live cultures that help you get regular. I also took imodium, well after all of that, I did have one day of a normal bm. I backed off of this stuff and now in the bathroom ten to twelve times. Also with urgency. I'm going back on my plan of stuff and try to get regular again. If this doesn't work the doc wants to check for parasites. This is also a possibility. Let me know how things go for you. I can use advice too!!
Most Active