Had my endoscopy

Monique H.
on 7/21/09 9:11 am
I was made into a distal rny. My loss has been very slow, but it is still going. I really think that I needed even more malabsorbtion than what I got, but I'm going to make the best of it.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
nannetteb
on 7/21/09 10:58 am - Fort Worth, TX
I too have a dilated stoma, but also a jejunal diveticulum, which means a small section of my small intestines has ballooned out because of weakness in the lining (well this is the understanding I got) at any rate, food goes to that little pocket and causes a bit of heartburn and acid influx.  I started at 484, lost down to 240 and as of today I've gained 35 lbs. The 35 lbs gain has been over the last 5 yrs. I was at my lowest weight in 2004, and I had my original surgery in 2002. I visited Dr. Kim about a revision because he's really close to my home, but I didn't get much help or advice from him, so I checked out a couple other surgeons and ended up with my original surgeon.  He's just so far away...and I hate driving... Anywho...he did an endoscopy, 3 weeks ago...submitted to my insurance company on July 14th, I had an approval in the mail on July 17th.  My date is Aug 19th.
daisymom
on 7/22/09 8:28 am - Belmont, NC
That's great about your approval! What kind of revision are you having?
Most Active