Had my endoscopy

daisymom
on 7/18/09 2:13 am - Belmont, NC
Hi,
Well, I had my endoscopy the other day, and it showed I have a stretched stoma. Did I do this? I am so worried now insurance won't pay for a revision. I had gastric bypass (RNY) in 2003, but I have gained all my weight back, so this is why I'm wanting a revision. I'm so depressed. I have my upper GI in a couple of weeks. Has anyone been approved for a revision when you've had a stretched stoma?
Evonne C.
on 7/18/09 6:29 am - Small Town, KY
I had rny in 2003 and I have a stretched stoma also. I was approved Wed by Atena for the ROSE procedure. I have only gained 65lbs back if this helps.
daisymom
on 7/18/09 8:34 am - Belmont, NC
Thanks Evonne. You have eased my mind some.
virginia O.
on 7/19/09 9:01 am - haverhill, MA
There are so many of us with stretched stomas.  I think it is just something that happens after a certain amount of time.  I don't think it is anyone's fault. 

daisymom
on 7/20/09 7:47 am - Belmont, NC
Thanks Virginia. At least I feel somewhat better now.
jennrichardson
on 7/20/09 7:51 am - Hurst, TX
Next week will be my 5 year RNY anniversary. I lost about 110 lbs and was doing great until my brother committed suicide 3 months after I gave birth to my 2nd child. Pregnancy after WLS is tricky because you have to eat so frequently and so many more calories. Just when I was starting to get back on track, Jeff died. I have been on an emotional roller coaster since then. I have just found out that my surgeon is now performing the ROSE procedure so I am going to check it out. I will be checking back to see who answers your post and what they have to say. Thanks.
Sabrace24
on 7/20/09 8:04 am - Plymouth, MI
I too had an RNY in 2006 and have a large stoma. My Dr wants to put a lapband on it. He said the ins BCBS will cover it and I already got approved for it. Has anyone ever heard of that? Whats the ROSE?? I have an endoscopy Sept 10 and will know more then. I already had an upper GI.I had lost 60 lbs with my RNY and then had a bowel obstruction surgery, then a partial hysterectomy, now have gained 47 back. Trust me I was depressed too! Good luck!
daisymom
on 7/20/09 10:02 am - Belmont, NC
The doctor I go too also does the band over bypass. I'm not sure if he does the ROSE procedure or not. The ROSE procedure is when they go down through your esophagus. It's suppose to be painless because there are no incisions. It's pretty new though, so I don't know what the statistics are for it being beneficial.
Monique H.
on 7/21/09 2:19 am
Please before any of you decide to have the rose procedure see if you can pull up some old posts on this forum to see the results people are having. Good luck to you all in your journey.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
daisymom
on 7/21/09 8:08 am - Belmont, NC
Thanks Monique for the heads up. What kind of revision surgery did you have?
Most Active