Devrom, Ozium, Probiotics

Carole Jones
on 7/15/09 3:34 am - washington, dc
Has anyone used any of the above mentioned products, if so were you satified with results?

mew6495
on 7/15/09 9:01 pm - MI
On July 15, 2009 at 10:34 AM Pacific Time, Carole Jones wrote:
Has anyone used any of the above mentioned products, if so were you satified with results?
 Devrom did not work for me.  I use a Probiotic that has 3 billion active cultures or over.  While it does not 100% take care of the issues in itself it does help quite a bit.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/16/09 7:42 am
I take probiotics. Look for ones that have the highest number of active cells, like in the billions. Refrigerated are generally best, and keep them in the fridge after purchasing them.

I've heard good things about some liquid forms from VitaminShoppe and Walmart.

I haven't tried the Devrom or Ozium.

If you think you are more malodorous than normal (I mean, poop smells, I expect to turn on the fan or something) you may want to ask you doctor about a short round of Flagyl. It is a mild antibiotic, and it is possible to get some bacterial overgrowth in bypassed intestine, that causes smelly gas and poop. A short round of Flagyl will kill it off, but will also kill the beneficial bacteria, so always follow up antibiotics with probiotics to reestablish the good "bugs".
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 8:31 am - AZ
On July 15, 2009 at 10:34 AM Pacific Time, Carole Jones wrote:

I would do a Google search for Dr. Gary Elmer.  He's a prof at some medical school and he is deeply involved in research on probiotics.  He is researching the use of these bacteria to replace antibiotics.  He believes (and he's right) that we can't really keep coming up with stronger and stronger antibiotics because they are getting to the point of dangerous for the patient.

He's probably one of the leaders in the study of probiotics.  Find anything you can that he has written and read it.  He's quite a guy.

www.google.com/search

He's open to emailed questions too.  I'm sure he's not going to want to spend hours and hours going back and forth but a quick question of brands specific to your problem and he's really cool about answering questions.

Most Active