A week since my sclero procedure

virginia O.
on 7/14/09 7:24 am - haverhill, MA
A number of people have sent me messages wondering about the procedure I had and wanted to know about my progress. 

It has been a week since I had it done.  It is now much easier to drink the liquids that I am supposed to drink.   The pain went away last Thursday.   I have been walking faithfully every day and tracking what I do on The Daily Plate (helpful site!)

I have another week to go on the protein shakes and clear liquids.  The only day I struggled with it was yesterday.  I really felt honest hunger in the mid afternoon.  Any other time I have been "hungry" it was just head hunger.   Fortunately the physical hunger went away.   My weight is changing slowly but surely.  I started at 187.6.   Today I am at 182.4.   Little by little it will come off.

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/09 6:35 pm - San Diego, CA
That is great that everything is going well!  Head hunger is the worst so I am glad to hear that at least there is no physical hunger. :)  Congrats on the weight loss too.  I weighed 189 the day of my revision so we are really close in our numbers!

Keep up the good work Virginia!
virginia O.
on 7/14/09 10:35 pm - haverhill, MA
Thanks Lisa.  Congrats on your weight loss as well!  ginny

Zee Starrlite
on 7/17/09 1:39 am
Good Luck with your weight loss.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

virginia O.
on 7/17/09 2:39 am - haverhill, MA
Thanks Zee.   I'm working on it!   ginny

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/09 4:25 am - San Diego, CA
Wow Virginia...we are REALLY close in our stats!!  My RNY was in January 2002, revision done May 2009 with my weight at 189, AND our current weight goals are pretty much the same!!

We definitely must keep in touch! :)

Most Active