Banded 3 years ago...

La'Toya H.
on 7/24/09 8:44 am - Frisco, TX
 hate mine too!!!

Luckily I have been approved for revision to an RNY on the 30th- yippee!!  I completely understand the issues and struggles with the band. My band was too tight and I threw up everything, then I got some liquid out and I was just sick all the time, my esophagus became dilated and I got a hernia, had to have surgery to fix it, I got Gerd and its just been a mess...

I lost about 40lbs but was up and down with it and took about  2 years to even lose that.. I wasn't able to eat meals much because of the restriction and the discomforts so I became a snack er-really bad!! I like to say the band forced me into it..

I didn't have to do any type of pre-op procedures as I did before when getting the band (thankfully) I have BCBS and they denied at first because they didn't realize the hiatal hernia was due to the band's tightness.. I am nervous about the RNY and the potential side effects but I am wishing on a star that all will be alright. Good Luck and keep us posted

Respectfully,
La'Toya

emjayel56
on 7/24/09 11:24 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi all, I have had 2 lapbands past 9 years.  Last one was put in February of this year and i am having it taken out and converting to RNY. I expect this week to have a date in August for the procedure. Similar problems as all of you with low weight loss although i am not gaining.  It is disappointing but I just feel that i have come so far and not going to turn back now. 
sdikeman
on 8/13/09 7:08 am
Will they take the band out and do the RNY at the same time? I talked to one program who said that they take out the band and make you wait 6 months before they do the RNY> But it seems aas though other programs are different.
emjayel56
on 8/13/09 8:36 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Sdikeman,
Yes they plan to remove the band and do bypass at same time; I think it depends on the skill level of the surgeon to do both at the same time.  Good luck
Maryjo
Most Active