Coconut678 - update

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/09 5:34 am, edited 7/10/09 5:36 am - Togo
Hey all,

I haven't been on the board for a while 'cause I have had so much going on that took me away. But here is the update on my lap band
revision over the gastric bypass of 12 years ago.

I had the band put on in February 2009, this year. To date I have lost 33 pounds and still going. I went through a period of vomiting as I learned what foods to eat and what not to eat with the band. Now I don't vomit anymore. It is pretty much smooth sailing with the band. It lets me know when to stop. I have had only one fill to date and I have a good restriction. Don't want to get real restricted.

So, the band works. Once you have it you have to learn how to get along with it.

Oh, one more thing. I was soooo worried about getting the fills. Injections into the stomach. Aaaaggghhh. Or so I thought. Well, I had one and it was a breeze. I felt a slight burning when the doctor put it in and then it was over in a second. It was nothing to be concerned about. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/09 8:01 am - San Diego, CA
Finally!!  I have found a fellow band-over-bypass revision member!  I had my band put on 5/26/09 and have since lost 21 lbs.  I have had 2 fills and have not yet obtained restriction but next week I am going back so hopefully I will finally. :P 

I am so glad to hear of your success thus far.  I will send you a friend request so we can keep in touch.

Congrats on the weight loss!

=Lisa=
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 8:18 am, edited 7/13/09 11:26 am - Togo
I will be having a second fill this thursday. and my first weigh-in after the first fill six weeks ago. i think it will be good news.

i was lucky enough to feel some restriction right after surgery. and a little more after the first fill. In addition i am making better food choices.

i will check my friends list and approve it. glad to hear from you.

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/09 7:58 am
Glad to hear your update.
Most Active