Proximal to Distal

Carole Jones
on 7/10/09 11:13 pm - washington, dc
Has anyone been revised from Proximal to Distal Rny? If so any advice?

shele
on 7/11/09 9:14 pm
I was revised to a 120 cm common channel in March. I have lost very slowly as most revisions do.  What would you like to know? There are quite a few here that have had this done. 

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Carole Jones
on 7/12/09 12:25 am - washington, dc
How long were you in the hospital? How long was your recovery? what type of diet were you on right after surgery? I am going to be revised to a 100 cm, it seems as though the length makes a difference is there any reason why you choose 120?
Thanx    

mrdoores
on 7/16/09 9:59 am - Waldorf, MD
I am seeking a evision from proximal to distal (rny).  What types of problems have you encountered since your revision?  Anyone can also answer.  The PA just said that you have to be careful with fats.  I will discuss it more on my nest visit.  The insurance person said some time the Dr. will have you get a endoscopy.  I am still waiting to find out if I will have to go through the 6 month diet and nurtrition process before the insurance will approve.  I also have a hernia that came out of nowhere that also need repair. 

JROLFSON
on 7/14/09 3:54 am - St. George, UT
Hi Carole:

I was revised from Proximal to Distal or ERNY as my Dr. calls it on May 20th, 2009...So far I have lost 28 lbs with a big majority of that loss being on the Pre Op Diet, 14 lbs. The weight loss journey has been much slower than I had hoped for but I seem to notice a 1-2 lb loss each week with an up and down swing throughout the week and after weighing in on Mondays it's a normal final goodbye to at least 1-2 lbs...So it is slow and gradual.

I have experienced many side effects that I'm sure you've heard about, smelly gas, gas pain, bloating, oil slicks, but nothing that can't be managed by what you eat...It is a process to learn what does settle well and what doesn't...I find that if things get to bad I just take a half a day and fast and things get right back to normal.

To date I'm happy with my loss and seem to be on track with other ERNY's on these boards.

I was shortened to a 100 cc common conduit just as you will be...I do believe if you go a lot shorter you will experience more side effects, but I can't imagine how much more because I been through some pretty tough side effects...again that I can control by food management.

If you would like to ask any other questions feel free to PM me.

Janie
Most Active