Revision on 7/28/09 need buddies on what to expect

Monique H.
on 7/14/09 1:04 am
You know I did have a rough time, but I truly think it was because of all the previous abdominal surgeries I have had. I've had so many that I know longer have a belly button, but this was due to a car accident that I was in when I was 17. With me my metabolism is so bad that I truly needed to become a distal and with the slow rate of loss that I'm having now I wish they would have done the extended rny on me. I truly do hope you have the success you are looking for. Good luck and many blessings to you on your journey.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
jenny1953
on 7/13/09 11:46 am - LONGBEACH, MS
Hi, Jen,    I know I'm not having the Rose procedure. I guess I will find out for sure when I go back to Dr. on 21th. Down 5 pounds that is great . I have been reading the weight comes off slow . So I hope that is not true. Guess I''ll have to work my but off. They tell me we have sip, sip, walk,walk,  and get my protein in. I need to lose about 50 pounds I feel the same way you do . I'm going to do this right so I have  better results. I never lost a lot of weight.. maybe this time around.. keep in touch, becareful. Will need to find out what you are eating . Going to have a pin taken out of my toe tomorrow so I may not get to e-mail back till nexxt day
Jendeclan
on 7/13/09 11:58 am - Chesterfield, VA
Good luck with you toe Jenny.  I am sure you will do fine with your revision.  Right now a week out I am still very sore and not eating much at all.  I do one protein drink a day, yogurt, cottage cheese and scrambled eggs - that is about it right now - I have no appetite what so ever.  I know the appetite will come back so I am enjoying it while it lasts.  I know I need to start walking but I am so exhausted right now.  I think the slow weight loss applies to only the band patients.  Since we already had RNY and already have the mal-absorption I would think it should be quicker.  I will keep you posted. 
jenny1953
on 7/15/09 4:56 am - LONGBEACH, MS
Hi Jen, Made it home toe in good shape. Just trying to get things done before I have the surgery. So you'r only eating very little, When I had my first Surgery I did not eat any food for two weeks no appetite, So I hope I don't have one again. Right now I'm tired and trying to start to get some exercising in . How are you at getting in your water, protein? how much should you be eating or drinkingz? Keep me posted and I hope you get some energy ....Jenny
jenny1953
on 7/30/09 8:16 am - LONGBEACH, MS
HI everyone, I made it home I;m not into too much pain. I have a drain which I'll keep for one week. On clear liquids for five days. I have to walk and sip my broth , Jello, and water or crystal light. I find I'm tired and sleeping with short naps. I feel like I have a cut in the crease of my fat  where they went into. But I can stand it , cause its worth it. I feel a lot better than when I had the first surgery. So how are you doing this week? Up walking and mmoving around I bet. Well got to go lay down talk to ya later..
Jamelle S.
on 7/14/09 6:45 am - West Orange, NJ
I had an RNY in 11/00 weighed 325 lbs.  lost 106 down to 219 and gained and sat at 225 for the last 8 years.  about a year ago I started to gain weight.  Up to 250. and decided to have a revision.  on 7/1 my surgeon made my stoma smaller and my pouch smaller also.  just like the first time around.  I had suregey on a Wed. 7/1 got out the hospital on 7/2 and went to a party on 7/4, and back to work on 7/6.  It was a very smooth transition.  Much easier than the first time around.  I guess because I was still 75lbs lighter.  I was 250 when I started the journey, and now weigh 236.  this is mostly the pre-op liquid diet, only 10 since the surgery wich is almost two weeks ago.  I am going to take it slow and steady, hopefully I will reach my surgeons goal of 175.  Not quite sure what my goal is yet.
jenny1953
on 7/15/09 5:13 am - LONGBEACH, MS
Boy I hope I do as good as you, Sounds like you bounced back fast. That is good results. I'll keep that in my thoughts and go forward . I'm so ready with getting this weight off. Several of my friends lost the 100 plus pounds, But I never did. I'm going to be very careful with what I put into my mouth and keep a journal to fall back on. The up and downs for all to see. Don't want to get off track . How long did you have to be on the liquid diet? What are you eating now, are you drinking and walkling ,, let me  know how you'r doing ....Jenny
jenny1953
on 7/17/09 2:47 am - LONGBEACH, MS
Good morning everybody, just checking to see how you ladies are doing? I'm getting my thoughts ready for my date . Have several things I need to do around the yard before my big date. Hope no one is having any difficulties and every body is losing or maintaining. keep in touch,,,,have a good day    jenny  
punkie112003
on 7/26/09 1:25 pm - West Monroe, LA
I just had ROSE done on July 23rd. Everything is going fine. Still on liquids. Just curious on how fast everyone else is loosing.

Anissa
wrkplaydream
on 7/22/09 4:56 pm

I hope you kep us posted, I am seeking feedback from those that have had a revision such as yours.  I also had a RNY but 7 years ago and lost 115 lbs and in the last year have gained about 40 lbs and am seeking results from having the revision.  I have spoke to 2 surgeons, my old surgeon and one in Mexico and both would make my stoma smaller and my pouch smaller.  I am worried about how much weight will I really lose, since I did not lose as much as I wanted the first time, and will I have the same feeling as when I had my first RNY- I was not hungry at all, I so want that feeling of not being hungry again- does this really happen with the revision.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You :)
Keep up the good work on your revision.

Most Active