Anyone know if this is correct?

R C
on 7/8/09 7:16 am - IA

I got my records today and in a operative report it states "there was a small to moderate size hook pouch on the Roux Limb."  Could this cause abdominal pain?  I have had pain for quite sometime epigastric to navel that increase 10-15 minutes after eating.  I read somewhere that you can actually form a pouch?  Help me out, I am without a Dr at this time and it will be a while before I see one.

LosingSally
on 7/8/09 8:37 am
It  looks like it is saying your roux portion of the small bowel has balloned out to form a small pouch. However, it may be simply saying that your pouch is connected to the roux limb, which it would be because that's the limb that food passes through.
However, I'm not sure why it would state a " hook" pouch. I have seen some diagrams show the pouch being connected to the intestines on the upper side of the pouch, this would form a pouch and intestine connection that may resemble a hook. The RNY used to be formed with the pouch connected to the small bowel at the bottom of the pouch. I don't think  it's done that way by anyone anymore....but not sure.
Most Active