Want to see what a revision to DS can do.....

Kerry J.
on 7/5/09 12:37 pm, edited 7/6/09 9:55 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Check my profile, I just posted some pictures of me water skiing, something I haven't been able to do for more than 10 years and oh yea, it feels damn good!

Here's a sample:  IMG_0130.JPG

Kerry
mew6495
on 7/5/09 8:50 pm - MI
CONGRATULATIONS KERRY!  

You look wonderful and SOOOOO happy!  I am glad your revision has worked out for you.

I can relate....I had ERNY in 10/2008 and I haven't felt this good or been at my goal weight since my "younger" years! 

Congratulations again!

Debbie M.
on 7/6/09 4:14 am
Kerry,
You look absolutely frigging amazing.  When I was skinny I was a good waterskier myself.  But last time I skied which was probably 6 years ago I still didn't look as good as you do now. Love the leaning - I could jump the wake heading off to the right, but comming back over would scare the crap out of me.
I hope to be able to try again someday.  I just want you to know I'm so so happy for you!.
Debbie

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Kerry J.
on 7/6/09 10:06 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Debbie, it feels so good to be skiing again, it's hard to explain. You will get there, I just know it, so don't give up, it's going to happen for you too.

I've really missed seeing you on the boards, I hope you can find time to post more.

I have to admit, I'm pretty happy about how this has all worked out, a year ago, I would not have believed it possible.

Kerry
Debbie M.
on 7/6/09 11:44 am
I can't imagine how wonderful you must feel and I hope to be in the same position a year from now.  I've been working closely with Diana and Larra on my letter for the Dept. of Managed Health Care, my last step.  They've given me a lot of great advice, I'm amazed at what a large body of work it is.

So for the time being I have to be a little selfish and keep grounded and focused on the short term goal.  - once I get the DMHC's decision, if it's in my favor, you'll be seeing me ad nauseaum.  In the meantime, I'm keeping my eye on you guys.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

smileyjamie72
on 7/6/09 7:03 am - Palmer, AK
Sweet pics, Kerry!!!!  I have never waterskied a day in my life.  But you sure make it look fun & easy!!!

I am still on my journey towards a revision.  My last 'hurdle' before we submit to insurance is 2 more weeks from tomorrow.  So, maybe we will be submitting before August??  Who knows.  It is all a process, for which I have patience.

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Kerry J.
on 7/6/09 10:09 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Jamie, I started skiing when I was about 8, so before I got too heavy to ski, it was a big part of my life and my families life. I had not really skied in over 10 years when I did it last Friday and it was a wonderful feeling! 

Here's hoping you git er done in August!

Kerry
eileen1126
on 7/7/09 8:40 am
Hi Kerry,
I find you posts very helpful.  You speak from experience and are very honest.  I know this may seem personal but did your  insurance company pay for the DS revision ?  I have been lead to believe that  this is one operation they do not cover.  I have to tell you  your review of the DS really got my attention.  You seem very happy and healthy at this point which is great.  I plan on going with the RNY because I have to do something and can not wait while  fighting  w/ insurance companies at this time.  Please keep us informed on how the DS is going (the good, bad and the ugly).  You posts often make me smile to see how happy you are and it gives me hope that I could also be that happy  soon.
Thanks
Eileen
Kerry J.
on 7/7/09 9:10 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Eileen, I'm really glad you like my posts. 

My insurance doesn't cover any type of WLS so I self paid to get the DS and it was the best money I've ever invested and I've had some really good investments.

If your insurance covers RNY there's a very good chance it will cover the DS, you may have to fight them a bit, but IMO it would be well worth the effort. If you think you might want to try, come on over to the DS board, there are some really good insurnace gurus there that are usually happy to help you with getting the approval.

I'm telling you; it's worth the wait.

Kerry
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/12/09 4:45 am
That looks so fun! I've added snow skiing, tennis, roller blading and bicycling into my post-op life, and now you have me wanting to water ski! BTW, I'm not a spring chicken, I'm 44, and some of these are firsts for me, ever.

I was robbed of even simple things like fitting into public seating for over 15 years, and now I feel like I can do ANYTHING!

Isn't the DS fan-freaking-tabulous?
Most Active