Survived the week

gigi2897
on 7/5/09 4:55 am - Deer Park, TX
I survived the week waiting for the insurance girl to get back from vacation.  She should be back in the office tomorrow and hopefully I will hear from her soon.  I am so nervous about having a revision and thought I wasn't going to survive the week.  Just a few more days or maybe a week or two and I will be without my band.  I am really nervous about this.  I was talking to my mom yesterday and telling her I know I need some help because I have been thinking about all the things I can eat after the band is removed.  I was telling her I want a burger with bread and mexican food and all these things.  I realized without my band I will go right back into bad habits.  My friends all think that I have learned new eating habits so I should be able to keep the weight off after the band is out.  The thoughts I have been having definately let me know I cannot!!  Anyway hopefully I will talk to Tameka tomorrow or Tuesday and I will bo on my way!!  Ginger

mrsannie
on 7/9/09 4:23 am
I know what you mean, I have a Band too and I hate it!!!!  All I think about is a burger!  If I try and eat one without the bun, no matter much I chew...  out it comes!  I have not lost a lot, I have trouble eatting anything!  I can't eat fruit, veggies, bread, rice, starch or lettuce unless they are drowning in dressing to help it "slide"down, but doesn't that defeat the purpose?  I can't wait to get it out.  I want to have a DS revision, but I to am at the mercy of the insurance company!  So we'll see what happens.

Good Luck!
mlejeune1204
on 7/10/09 4:19 pm - mont belvieu, TX
On July 5, 2009 at 11:55 AM Pacific Time, gigi2897 wrote:
I survived the week waiting for the insurance girl to get back from vacation.  She should be back in the office tomorrow and hopefully I will hear from her soon.  I am so nervous about having a revision and thought I wasn't going to survive the week.  Just a few more days or maybe a week or two and I will be without my band.  I am really nervous about this.  I was talking to my mom yesterday and telling her I know I need some help because I have been thinking about all the things I can eat after the band is removed.  I was telling her I want a burger with bread and mexican food and all these things.  I realized without my band I will go right back into bad habits.  My friends all think that I have learned new eating habits so I should be able to keep the weight off after the band is out.  The thoughts I have been having definately let me know I cannot!!  Anyway hopefully I will talk to Tameka tomorrow or Tuesday and I will bo on my way!!  Ginger
Best of luck with Tameki!  I had a band for 4 yrs and decided to have it removed and do gastric, and I was dying for Dr. Robert to be my dr.  After 4 weeks of her submitting the wrong thing to the ins, or not submitting what they needed or not returning theirs(or my) calls I finally cancelled it and switched dr's.  It was hell!!!

So, are you just having it removed and no revision?  I lost alot of weight with my band, and started having complication last Oct.  I had to have it unfilled because my stomach grew intolerant to it, and I gained ALL the weight I lost (80 lbs) back in like 6 months.  I had gastric done two weeks ago, but wished I could have done it on my own.  It's so hard, and after being deprived of food for 4 yrs, I was like "i just want a cheeseburger and fries".  Then that turned into ALOT of bad food.  I gained 17 lbs in one week.  I was partying down. LOL. 

Good luck to you, and I hope you have a better experience than I did at the Davis's (they are both outstanding dr's), and good luck on your journey without the band!!!
gigi2897
on 7/11/09 12:28 am - Deer Park, TX
I am a little nervous dealing with Tameki just because I don't know her that well.  She has seemed pretty nice the couple of times I have talked ot her on the phone.  I did get a little frustrated this weeke when I didn't hear from her by wednesday like Dr. Garth wanted.  I had to wait until yesterday morning to actually talk to her.  I know they are really busy. I am going to try to have the bypass right away.  I know i can't do it on my own.  I am really freaked out about the possibility of trying to do it on my own.  Dr. Garth has said I will more than likely gain it all back plus some if I try to go it alone.  I am actually a patient of his.  I had my surgery in Hawaii and then moved here and had to find a surgeon.  My friend had her surgery with Dr. Robert and reccomended their office.  I went in in January for a consult and became a patient then.  In February I started having problems and they thought it was my gallbladder so Dr. Garth removed it.  Then in Juse did a port revision and that didn't help so now it is time to remove the band.  I have already been to the seminar and have my psych eval this week.  I am on the road to a revision just nervous about the insurance company.  Hopefully they will see I can't do it on my own.  I totally understand the "party" mentality.  I have already been dreamiong of the things I can eat after the band comes out.  I am trying really hard to tell myself no way!!  Gotta stay on track.  Best wishes with your bypass!!  Hope all is well.

mlejeune1204
on 7/11/09 1:43 am - mont belvieu, TX
Just stay on top of her.  In 4 weeks, she still didnt have my ins company what they needed, and they had been calling her everyday.  I went back to Dr. Spiegel (who did my lapband), and within 1 week I was approved and done with surgery.  When I went to the Davis's, I shared an appt with a coworker who also has a band that needs to be removed (she has a leak).  Tameki submitted her papers to the ins with the wrong determination code(she submitted it as my coworker needed to be treated for obesity vs. a revision), and my coworker got denied(because the ins said that they already paid once for treating obesity).  So, now she has to appeal and start all over.  My dr. submitted as a revision due to intolerance, and I was approved very quickly.

I would suggest that if you dont hear from her by Tues or Wed of next week then email Dr. Garth.  He always responds within the hour, and is very aware of the issues going on.  There are many people having issues.
Most Active