Erny or Distal peeps i have a protein shake question

shele
on 7/5/09 6:45 am

Hi guys, I am having trouble with getting in my protein ( am wanting to shoot for 150 to 200. I have read this might help with weight loss. )Sooo,,, being a Erny'er I cant eat that much protein and have been trying shakes.  I used to use and love the choc unjury but stopped due to them causing gas.  I ordered  the OH YEAH from vitalady to try as it is lactose free low carb.  But once again horrible gas.  What have any of you tried that has not caused you gas?

Thanks for any info and advice!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

LosingSally
on 7/5/09 9:28 am
I drink EAS and Muscle Milk Light, and haven't had them cause gas.
shele
on 7/6/09 1:39 pm

The muscle milk from GNC? My hubby has some of that but I was thinking the carbs were too high for me, I will have to check again.

thanks!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JRinAZ
on 7/6/09 8:18 am, edited 7/6/09 8:53 am - Layton, UT
Shele,
Come to the Erny support group on the 16th and we'll get everyone's ideas.  I do well with the Syntrax Nectars (whey isolates) but have to follow them with some solid protein nibbles (i.e. string cheese, peanut butter, etc). 

Eggs are a great protein source and at the top of the list for absorbable proteins.

Try having your protein drinks before supper and before bedtime so that the "effects" may have passed (that's just not funny, right?!!!) before morning and before you head out the door.

H.M. = Highly Malabsorptive support group on the 3rd Thursdays @ 6 p.m., Room 207 at Tempe St Lukes.  specifically for those who have ERny's and DS's....revision or 1sts!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

shele
on 7/6/09 1:32 pm

Might be a bit far for me to travel lol. But thanks!

I read the other day that we should have 200 grams of protein and I would have to get that from shakes. I absolutly hate eggs unfortunatly! I do make 2 everymornig with ham and cheese and get most of it down with ketchup! Yuck! but I do it.

Thanks for the tips!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Monique H.
on 7/6/09 10:04 am
Isopure powder. I hate the rtd ones. Chocolate, pineapple orange banana, and banana cream are the ones I can tolerate.

I haven't checked in with you in a while. How are you doing?
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
shele
on 7/6/09 1:37 pm

Hey Monique,

Where do you get those? Do they have samples to try?

I am doing good, feel great but my loss is ohh soo slow! It did move a pound today, but as you know it might be back with a friend tomorrow!

I really need to watch my carbs much closer, as I was eating too many complex carbs( whole wheat bread and potatoes). ( thought I would try to get away with it, no go)

How about You?

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Monique H.
on 7/7/09 6:53 am

I get mine from gnc I haven't seen samples unfortunately. I just had to do the trial and error thing, but the good thing about gnc is if you don't like it you can bring it back and exchange it for something else. I actually had to do that a few times so just hold on to your receipt. Yeah I know the oh so slow too well. I keep going back and forth as well. Everytime I drop a couple of pounds I get really excited. I had been doing really well on my exercising and eating, then I started seeing someone and haven't been hitting the gym as much. I'm planning on getting back in gear next week because I have meetings every evening this week. I'm just going to have to figure out a schedule to fit everything and everyone in. Stay encouraged I'm sure that we will both get the outcome we are looking for.

WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active