Dr refusing to follow up care

R C
on 7/3/09 6:52 am - IA

I recieved a call from my surgeons office that they do not want to continue to follow up with my care.  Has anyone ever heard of such care before.  I suffer from vitamin D deficiency and severe reactive hypoglyemia, and their answer was see your family DR.  I have retained a new bariatric surgeon since this related to my surgical procedure that was performed by him, and the new office cannot believe it.  They stated that was part of the follow up care that comes with the surgery.  Although they did state that they have had multiple patients transfer to them due to lack of appropriate follow up or care from the office I was going to.  I am really surprised that this is something they can do, I guess they got all the money they want from the surgery.  I really do like the new surgeon and have only heard really excellent reviews. Sounds like I will get really good care and follow up now.  Just have to travel a little further. 

Kathy H.
on 7/3/09 3:21 pm - Kent, WA
no, I've never heard of a surgeon refusing follow-up care. What reasons are they giving?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

virginia O.
on 7/4/09 4:05 am - haverhill, MA
I think I might consider reporting this doc to his/her governing board.  I does not seem appropriate to me to do major, life changing surgery and then refuse to follow up on it.  Good luck!

Most Active