Any one in Phoenix had a stricture? If so which Gastroenterologist did you see?

mew6495
on 7/6/09 9:44 pm - MI
On July 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM Pacific Time, lizp100 wrote:
 Thanks for referring me. it almost seemed like Jennifer was waiting for my call...lol. They are super nice there. I just hope it can be fixed....I am seriously freaked out.

I have been on Lortab since the surgery. I got an infected seroma and now have a wound vac.....life has not been good. I try to limit it to bedtime...........I will look back on this in a year and laugh....right?
 Hi lizp,

Sorry to hear of your troubles...  rest assured that you are in good hands with both Dr. S and his office staff.

I hope things look up for you soon.  Hang in there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 2:01 pm - San Jose, CA
I'm just wondering -- what size sleeve and common channel did Husted give you?  Some of the DS surgeons are using a REALLY small sleeve (less than 2 oz) and longer common channel in an attempt to keep long-term malabsorption issues to a minimum, while maintaining weight loss through a small sleeve.  I am not that fond of this approach, especially the really small sleeves (as being advocated in particular by the VSG surgeons as a stand-alone surgery -- including LapSF, where Husted used to practice).  I'm particularly not crazy about this because I think the sleeve will stretch out anyway -- causing misery in the beginning and not benefitting the patient in the end.

I don't know if a tiny sleeve was part of the plan, and you are "just" suffering with the early-out effects of a deliberately really narrow sleeve, as compared to a stricture.  It is hard to imagine a stricture running the full length of the sleeve -- and I don't know how Dr. S plans to treat a narrow sleeve that isn't in fact a stricture.
lizp100
on 7/7/09 11:18 pm
 Dr Husted told me after surgery that I have a 6 ounce stomach so I don't think he went with the small sleeve. I didn't even hear him mention it. When we intially spoke he said that he creates a sleeve approximately 6-8 ounces so I don't think he is using that practice. When I had my upper GI on Tuesday I could actually see the stricture and the radiologist was pointing it out. You could see a normal size "sleeve" then it just came in then went back out to the normal sleeve again. If it wasn't a stricture, I have no idea what the heck it was. I will find out this morning with the endoscopy. I believe he plans to use a pediatric kit so he has a very small scope. I am so done with having procedures and surgeries, let's hope this ends it. I have even sworn off my tummy tuck!
ginau
on 7/9/09 10:19 am - mesa, AZ

Hey Liz

How are you doing ?  I was thinking about you yesterday and today. I stopped the loratab - the migraine got to me...

Hope things are turning around for you. keep us posted.   I  hope to meet you at a support meeting .    I am thinking I might try and go to next thursdays ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

lizp100
on 7/10/09 4:47 am
 I am doing well but so much for a "twilight" state. I remember the whole darn procedure and it really stunk! The stricture was 2cc and he was able to open to 11-12 cc, which is not enough. I will be looking at multiply dilations to open the stricture. There is still no guarantee that it will work which sucks. It is hard to imagine I may never be able to eat a steak or even a sandwich again. Oddly, my body is getting used to not having food but my mind sure does miss it!
ginau
on 7/10/09 7:24 am - mesa, AZ
Wow

That sucks !!   trying to guess what the  bright side is ??? mmmm the bright side is... they can  stretch it  without doing surgery to break down and rebuild it ?

Who did the Twilight sleep?  

I had my first outing today .. me and my hand grenade.  Now I feel like a dish rag. But I am going to group tomorrow. its around corner form his office at 1:00  if you would like to come .  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 7/10/09 8:54 am - Layton, UT
On July 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Wow

That sucks !!   trying to guess what the  bright side is ??? mmmm the bright side is... they can  stretch it  without doing surgery to break down and rebuild it ?

Who did the Twilight sleep?  

I had my first outing today .. me and my hand grenade.  Now I feel like a dish rag. But I am going to group tomorrow. its around corner form his office at 1:00  if you would like to come .  
Hey Miss Jeanna!
I've been wondering whether you're ready for an outing yet?  ....  I'll see you tomorrow at support group though my family may talk me out of it.  For some reason they think I should be spending my birthday with them and not my peeps!  Silly family!!!

Maybe i can scoop you up next week and take you to that gluten free restaurant we've been wondering about!!!

C U soon!  Take care of yourself!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

lizp100
on 7/11/09 2:25 am
 Thanks for the invite but I am strapped down with a wound vac and it makes it really stink to leave the house :( I will try next month.
shele
on 7/5/09 6:49 am

Did you call Dr. Husted and ask him for a referral? Seems that is what I would do so they could work together and since he did your revision is familiar with your anatomy.

Worth a try!

Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

lizp100
on 7/5/09 9:44 am
 I did email Dr Husted but unfortunately he is in Kentucky and I am in Arizona. He did not know who to refer me to. He suggested I fly back to Kentucky but that is just not physically & financially feasible. :(
Most Active