Any one in Phoenix had a stricture? If so which Gastroenterologist did you see?

lizp100
on 7/3/09 9:45 am
I had RNY to DS revision done 5/22 in Kentucky and have developed every complication under the sun. The newest thing is a possible stricture as I can't swallow anything but liquids. I can't go back to Kentucky and I am desperately seeking someone who can help me in Phoenix. I saw one bariatric surgeon here who would not touch me with a 10 foot pole because it seems nobody in Phoenix is familiar with the DS procedure. I am at my wits end!
angelarias
on 7/3/09 4:14 pm
HI THERE:

Dr. Terry Simpson, a lap band surgeon here in Phx, used to do the DS. He does only lap bands now.

Since you are in a bind, maybe he can help you. [email protected] is his direct email. His website is drsimpson.com.

I wish I could offer you more help but Dr. Simpson is the only name that came to my mind. I hope you don't have a stricture!

Have a good weekend,
Angel

Cheers,
Angel
Banded July 2004/Drs. Ortiz/Martinez Tijuana,Mexico
260 starting weight/250 surgery  weight/200 plus or minus 5 pounds current weight
50 percent weight loss attained/goal weight 135-140
I have 6cc's in a 9.75cm (4cc) Lap Band. I am hoping to be at goal 135-140 in a year! Thanks for the encouragement all of you have provided me! LONG TERM BANDSTERS WORLD-WIDE, SHARE YOUR BAND SUCCESSES AND YOUR BAND SORROWS!
ginau
on 7/5/09 12:51 am - mesa, AZ

Do yourself a favor and call Dr Schlesinger. He  is very knowledgable. and does D.S. procedure weekly .  I dont believe he will give you the run around. He is one of the few Dr's that will see  pts from other practices.

480 968-6007 . he is located in Tempe  next to the Hospital.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

ginau
on 7/5/09 12:52 am - mesa, AZ
Just curious -- What Dr did you try to see ?  Most of our Dr's are very nice  and willing to help.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

lizp100
on 7/5/09 9:42 am
 I saw Dr Johnson at AZ WLS. He was very nice but just did not feel comfortable doing an endoscopy on me as he is not familiar with the anatomy. I also got the impression that he wouldn't be able to dialte the stricture if it did happen and he would have had to refer me out. He told me he would talk to a gastroenterology practice in Mesa but then I didn't hear back from him on Friday. At this point I am quite desperate, I even left a message at the Mayo clinic for help. There is a gastroenterologist who specializes in bariatric patients and their complications. I just need someone to see me ASAP. If I have to wait weeks to get an appt, I will just cry. I can't stand to drink one more single protein shake! I haven't had food in almost 7 weeks!

I wasn't aware that Dr Schlesinger was doing DS procedures, if the Mayo clinic falls through I will call his office. THANKS
ginau
on 7/5/09 11:17 am - mesa, AZ

I would just call Schlesinger in the morning. His office  will get you in fast.  As a matter of fact he will  be in surgery at Tempe St Lukes in the morning. He is going to fix my hernia.  You might even be able to see him in the morning.

From  what I have heard  Dr S is doing quite a few and getting great results. Your more than welcome to attend his support group. It's open to all pts .. No matter what practice you came/ come from.   Just ask one of the girls for the info ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

lizp100
on 7/6/09 1:40 pm
 I saw Dr S. today. What he had to say was scary. He will be doing the endoscopy on Wednesday but he looked at my GI series from my last hospital stay (I had an infected seroma) and said that the stricture looks like it runs the length of the entire gastric sleeve. AKA...my stomach is the size of a straw.....nothing like getting that news today. 
ginau
on 7/6/09 1:56 pm - mesa, AZ
Liz

I knew he would get you in tight away.  Try not to freak out  - You are in very good hands  with him.

wow Loratab is kicking my butttt .  tonite . 

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

lizp100
on 7/6/09 2:12 pm
 Thanks for referring me. it almost seemed like Jennifer was waiting for my call...lol. They are super nice there. I just hope it can be fixed....I am seriously freaked out.

I have been on Lortab since the surgery. I got an infected seroma and now have a wound vac.....life has not been good. I try to limit it to bedtime...........I will look back on this in a year and laugh....right?
ginau
on 7/6/09 2:31 pm - mesa, AZ

Yes   you will look back and reflect. right now just take it a step at a time.    if ya need to talk or anything - feel free to P.M. me 

I am going to heavily drug myself tonite ..    

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Most Active