Nerve pain?

blackpiglet
on 7/3/09 5:28 am - South Africa
 Hello,

anyone out there suffer from nerve damage after getting a revision surgery done?  I had my lap band replaced from a realize band to an alergen (long story), the band is great, but I am still suffering from some nerve damage as my doctor calls it.  They had to remove a lot of scar tissue from the other band before they placed the new band in.  Anyone have this issue after surgery?  If so how long did the pain last and was there anything that you did for the pain that helped (I have meds for pain and for nerve damage, doesn't seem to always help) just wanting to know what other folks did.  I had the surgery six weeks ago and am still in pain.  My doctor said that nerve damage can last up to six months.  

thank you
Renee M.
on 7/3/09 7:36 am
I've not had a revision yet (am trying to get one approved by insurance) but I had an open RNY, gallbladder removal, hernia repair, scar tissue removal, and a tummy tuck.  After the tummy tuck, I noticed that most of the time the whole area just felt like pins and needles...I wouldn't call it "numb" because it was a really unpleasant feeling.  From time to time it will hurt bad out of nowhere, though.  I don't know what's wrong with me, but I have just found that I have no sensitivity/response to temperature on my lower stomach area.  I have severely burned my tummy w/ a heating pad (while awake and not knowing - this was 4 yrs post-tummy tuck) to the point of a 2.5" long/ 1" wide blister - I had no idea my stomach was even "hot" when it happened.  I don't know if those are signs of nerve damage or not, but I am hoping someone with similar issues will chime in and let us know something.
Most Active