Should I consider revision & anyone used a doc in Nashville

Sheron
on 6/27/09 9:29 am

I have lurked here a little.  I am eight years out and I had a RNY.  I have gained about 25 pounds from my lowest weight.  I lost 185, but started at 370.  I had a rebound weight of about 10 pounds early on.  I am considering some type of revision.  Can anyone tell me the "in and out" of seeking out a doc, as well as insurance issues, etc.?  I would appreciate any information any of you would be willing to share.  Thanks in advance.

JROLFSON
on 6/29/09 6:27 am - St. George, UT
Hi Sheron:

There is Dr. Husted who I believe has an office in Nashville although I think he does his surgeries in Kentucky...He is absolutely phenominal at revising RNY'ers...Especially to DS.

Dr. John Husted...Check him out...he is impressive.

Janie
Shelley123
on 6/29/09 9:37 am - Hendersonville, TN
My doctor is Dr. Hugh Houston (Howston).  I had the band and will most likely revise to the RNY.  He is very good, extremely competent and will hold your feet to the fire.  He practices at Centennial Medical Center.

Shelley
sunnidayrain
on 6/29/09 6:41 pm - TX
Dr. Husted  would be the BESTsurgeon in that area ..

Ami

Adoptive mom to 3 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders     
Sheron
on 6/30/09 9:19 pm

I probably need my feet held to the fire!  Are you talking about making sure I adhere to his diet regimen?  I would appreciate any additional information.  I am unsure if this is for me.  I am unsure if my husband's insurance (I am currently out of work) will pay for any additional surgery.  I understand things have been really tightened up since I had my surgery performed.  Thanks again! 

Shelley123
on 7/2/09 2:40 pm - Hendersonville, TN
Yeah, he is a stickler on making sure you follow the rules, his nutrition rules.  He cares about his patients, but also wants you to achieve success.  He can be hard on you at times and can be a bit moody, but just be tough back.  Added bonus-he's easy on the eyes!!
He expects a lot out of his patients, but if you shy away from direct criticism, even when you know you need it, then he isn't the right doc for you.
I saw beneath your name that your doc is Dyer.  Houston is in the same group.

Good luck!
Shelley
Most Active