? for band to sleeve people....

Heather M.
on 6/27/09 11:58 am - Rosedale, MD
I'm just wondering for those of you who were banded, revised to the sleeve and were not at goal at the time, what was your weight loss like after the sleeve surgery?  Just wondering what I might expect.  I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds so far; not that I'm complaining or anything!  My BMI was 35 the day of surgery.  Also, anyone know what our "window" of opportunity is?  I've heard something like 6 months.

Revised to VSG (6/11/09) weighing 253...

winningatlosing
on 6/28/09 4:00 am

Hi,
I was banded in 06, revised to a sleeve  a few months ago.  While I was at goal, I lost quite a bit of weight.  I am finding it hard to stay where I want.  Not that I am wasting away but I could gain a few pounds! My mom died at the same time so I was under tons of stress.  What I have heard from others revised to a sleeve is that the weight loss is pretty good. 20 pounds in 2 weeks is great!  I think you will do well.  I think you need to focus on getting healthy and redeveloping good eating habits.  Don't look at the scale, it can be a real downer.  You will get there.  The sleeve is a great tool.  I like it better than my band.  That sucked.  I had issues everyday!  No issues here.  I can eat and have water with a meal!  Love it.  I do not feel like avoiding other non WLS people when I eat.
Also, try finding midwesterngirl, she really helped me quite a bit.  Haven't heard from her in a while, Michelle let us know how you are doing!.

Take care, you will get there!!

Kim

skifan1
on 6/29/09 9:56 am - OH
Heather

I am considering a revision from band to sleeve.  What was your recovery like right after the surgery?  I see you are about 2 weeks out from surgery, did you need a lot of pain meds?  My band surgery went very smoothly with very little pain.  Did your band slip or it just didn't work?  I don't think mine has slipped or that anything is wrong with the band, it just hasn't worked (banded in Dec 2004, weighed 235 and lost 25 lbs total).  Do they do the band removal and the sleeve surgery at the same time or do you have to wait a few months after band removal?  Did your insurance pay for band removal?  If mine doesn't pay for removal then I won't be able to do it.

Theresa
Most Active