Hi Everyone...Dr Thompson Boston

virginia O.
on 6/26/09 9:05 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Everyone,
I had an open RNY back in Feb 2002 with great success.   I have experienced some weight gain over the past couple of years .  My surgeon DR Robinson at( BWH in Boston)referred me to Dr Thompson also at BWH in Boston.   I turns out that I have an enlarged stoma.  This will be corrected by sclerotherapy, an endoscopic procedure on July 6.   Has anyone else had this done?  What should I expect?  Any advice is welcome!
apr79yl
on 7/8/09 6:04 am - MA
Hello there!

I'd love to know how you are doing? I just made my appointment with Dr. Thompson yesterday but I won't be seen until November.

Did you see your original surgeon first? Should I do that? I just went ahead and made the appointment with Dr. Thompson. They didn't mention that I should have. Does he do his own testing?

Sorry for the questions! I'd love to know more about the process when you are up and about!

Thanks,
April
virginia O.
on 7/8/09 6:13 am - haverhill, MA
Dr Thompson must be a very popular guy!  I won't see him again until October to assess how this is working.
I saw my original surgeon first because I wanted his input on this.Also I had not been back to see him for quite some time and I knew that his had to be the first step.  Dr. Robinson referred me to Thompson to assess my pouch and stoma.   I don't think Dr Thompson requires it.  I am keeping my original surgeon in the loop just in case I need a revision somewhere down the road.     

As for how I am doing:  I had the procedure on July 6th.  I have been dealing with some pressure in my stomach, but no real pain.  Some of the pressure is a result of drinking too quickly.  I swear that my system is behaving just like it did when I was a new post op.  Too big of a sip and I am feeling it in my stomach. 

Don't apologize for asking.  I want to help!    It looks like we might be neighbors.   Are you in georgetown?   ginny

apr79yl
on 7/8/09 6:22 am - MA

Yes I am! Right next door!

I guess he is only in on Mondays at Brigham and Women's. My appointmen is in November, so what i will do is go ahead and call my surgeon and talk to him and see if this is the route.  He is back in the office on Monday, so can't hurt to speak with him as well.

I'm glad to hear you have no pain!  I hope to hear your updates!

virginia O.
on 7/8/09 6:41 am - haverhill, MA
No reason for you not to see Dr Randall, especially if you are thinking about revision.  I am not heavy enough for a revision so this was the best possible thing right now.    Let me know how you do!   ginny

apr79yl
on 7/8/09 8:03 am - MA
Yes, definately, there isn't any reason not to see him. Thanks I will! Same for you let me know how everything is going!
jonathan R.
on 8/2/09 12:37 am - east meadow, ny
 You should check out Dr. Shawn Garber on Long Island.  He has one of the largest experiences with endoscopic revision surgery and performs the ROSE procedure. You shouldn't need to wait until November
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 4:43 am - AZ
On August 2, 2009 at 7:37 AM Pacific Time, jonathan R. wrote:
 You should check out Dr. Shawn Garber on Long Island.  He has one of the largest experiences with endoscopic revision surgery and performs the ROSE procedure. You shouldn't need to wait until November

Quit spamming the boards with nonsense about your silly doctor.  Why would anyone go out of state to see him?  It's not like he's a well known revision surgeon!  The person's insurance probably wouldn't even cover an out of state surgeon.

Buy a damn ad and go away!

Most Active