One Happy Loser! Another Post-Op Update...

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/09 9:21 am - San Diego, CA
OMG I lost 4 more pounds since last week!  That is a total of 17 lbs since I started my liquid diet pre-op 31 days ago.  I am very ecstatic with these results since I have not had restriction the ENTIRE time so it has solely been my dieting efforts, food weighing/measuring and daily food journaling that caused these great results!! :)  I can't wait to start exercising more than walking but I still have discomfort in my stomach from the open surgery so I'm going to play it safe and take it slow.

Well, yesterday I went for my first fill!  It was a breeze...took 5 minutes total.  My surgeon just felt around my stomach for the port with his fingertips and found that bad boy in like 15 seconds.  lol  Then, he cleaned the area and stuck in the needle and I didn't even feel it go in.  After that, I sat up with the needle sticking out of me (weird but whatever) and he had me drink water a few times while he gauged the right amount.  It's hard the first time to know whether it is enough, that's for sure.  I thought at the moment that it felt "right," but unfortunately it was not enough to get restriction (*sigh*) once I left and had a chance to eat.

Since I have free fills for life, I am going back Tuesday for another fill and now I have a better idea of what it is I am feeling for while drinking the water.  It will be nice to have restriction to add to my own dieting efforts and hopefully lose more weight in a more expedient manner.

YAY for success!!!
mew6495
on 6/21/09 11:33 am - MI
 CONGRATULATIONS Lisa!  Awesome work!  I am glad your revision is going well for you.

Keep it up and please keep us posted!

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/09 3:16 pm - San Diego, CA
Thanks MEW! :)
Strawberry2
on 6/23/09 9:25 am
you go girl - keep us updated it really motivates me (( big hugs)))
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

cmr3399
on 6/21/09 10:02 pm - Bayville, NJ

Congrats Lisa.....

Glad alli s going well with you!!!!!!

Christine

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

dana712
on 6/21/09 10:42 pm
Hi Lisa,  I had rny in 2001 weighed 328 got down to 217. i had gotten pregant 16 months after my surgery.I currently weigh 248.I developed hypothyroidism after the birth of my daughter,i currently take synthroid .125mg and cytomel .25mg.I can not seem to lose this weight,looking into a revision nto the DS(duendom switch). any suggestions?    Thanks Dana.
tochatty
on 6/22/09 3:02 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
I saw you posted to someone else *****cently had a band, what is the liquid diet your surgeon put you on?  I would like to get more information.  I am scheduled to go back to see one of the surgeons in July. 

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Most Active