Has anyone else had a VSG to a RNY?

nursekimberley
on 6/20/09 9:27 am, edited 6/20/09 11:55 am - North Royalton, OH
I wanted to  see if anyone else has experience with this.

I welcome all responses but I am specifically looking for someone who has done this particular transition.

Yes, I am 100% sure it will be an RNY and no I do not want to debate DS vs RNY vs VSG.

This revision of VSG to RNY was planned prior to my VSG when my BMI was 97

Thank you everyone for your time and for reading:)

Take care and be at Peace. ~Kimberley

HW-578     SW-VSG-564  SW-RNY-418      CW-386       GW-187  
(Planned two step surgery VSG 3/26/08 RNY 7/2/09)

Angel Baby 3-18-2010 missed m/c with d+c

By the way, all things I have posted/commented/breathed are a result of my own personal experience/education/research. Matter of fact, treat it all as a delusion:)

jeanyjane
on 6/21/09 6:48 am - Germany
Sorry I can`t help with your question, but out of interest maybe you could tell us if you will get the sleeve stomach redone into the RNY pouch, or if the doctor will "just" rearrange your intestines? Are you getting a distal, proximal or ERNY?

All the best for an easy recovery!
nursekimberley
on 6/23/09 12:01 am - North Royalton, OH
it

By the way, all things I have posted/commented/breathed are a result of my own personal experience/education/research. Matter of fact, treat it all as a delusion:)

Zee Starrlite
on 6/23/09 4:25 am

It seems that many docs are learning the sleeve and not the duodenal switch.  It is so unfortunate because you should have the option of the "real" step 2 especially with how much more weight you need to lose and then .  .  . maintain.

Good Luck

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

nursekimberley
on 6/29/09 8:49 am - North Royalton, OH
thank you very much for your comments and support. It does seem there are many questioning the switch to RNY instead of DS. Quite interesting.

Valerie G.
on 7/22/09 10:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What the heck?  The VSG is halfway to a DS.  Go see Dr. Maguire in Dayton to finish the job to a DS.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Bronwen
on 7/24/09 6:04 am - Wilmington, DE
I'm really sorry, Kimberly, but it doesn't make sense to change a VSG to an RNY when a DS is much simpler.  You're looking at additional stomach surgery, plus rerouting the intestines, when the conversion to the DS would only require the intestinal rerouting.

Why do you want to revise to the RNY?
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Most Active