stall...

Strawberry2
on 6/15/09 10:13 am
Hi all
I am here for some major support - today make 1 month after surgery and I've only lost 14 lbs and I am freaking out - please no flaming - I am trying to eat my protein and get in more exercise- some days I dont get all of my water in nor my protein so I can understand my body is going into starve mode - I am just freaking out since my dr said when I see him next week I should have lost 30 lbs - please any advise would be greatly appreciated
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

shele
on 6/15/09 10:36 am
You need to just relax, you are doing everything right it sounds. Your doc might have set the goal too high for a revisioner, I think you are doing fine. I too am at about half weight loss from my first wls.  They say its slow.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Strawberry2
on 6/15/09 10:58 am
thanks Shele - I am just hoping this hasn't been in vain - like one day i swore I had stretched my pouch but the next day two bits and I was done - I am measuring everything - my husband has also been vigilent so that i don't start bad habits - I know I need to relax but its so hard I want this to work so bad - my first time around I lost like crazy I will have to just pace myself and thank you for responding - i am glad i have somewhere to turn to- thanks again
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

rebeccaford
on 6/15/09 12:09 pm - Honolulu, HI
Don't freak out!  I've done enough freaking out for everyone on the board.  I just broke a 13 day stall.  My surgeon said I'm going to lose slower than a virgin RNY.  I'm okay with that...most of the time :-)  I've finally hit 40 pounds down and today it's been 10 weeks since my surgery.  I was discouraged but then figured it out it was 4 pounds a week.  Hello???  That's awesome!!! 

Personally I think 30 lbs is a lot to expect from you.  Keep trying to fill up on protein and water.  Work out when you can.  Sip, sip, sip...

You are normal and doing great. 

Rebecca
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Strawberry2
on 6/16/09 7:00 am
Thanks Rebecca - I think I will go back on liquids till next week - and try to up my workout - I like your thinking - so technically I am loosing 3 lbs a week - i know better than nothing - one thing I am happy for today I am wearing a size "LARGE" shirt - I've never worn a large - that did make me happy
Arnold H. Glasgow

rebeccaford
on 6/16/09 1:13 pm - Honolulu, HI
All of us slowwwww losers have to stick together!!!  Congrats on your large shirt.  The bottom half of me is getting smaller faster than the top part!!

3 pounds / week!  Yikes wow!!!  That is awesome!!  We have to "trick" ourselves sometimes into believing that we are truly successful no matter how slow. 
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

marsi2
on 6/16/09 8:11 am - El Paso, TX

Hello! I am new to this site, but am so glad to be reading everyone's valuable information.

I was also freaking out on my loss. I'm 3 months out and have lost 36 pounds....so yes, it is much much slower...but as long as I'm losing I need to remember to be positive.

Good luck!

JROLFSON
on 6/16/09 8:28 am - St. George, UT
Strawberry:

I am right there with ya girl...I am 28 days out from Revision myself....I lost 20 lbs on the pre-op diet and 5 lbs during the week I was in the hotel right after surgery....Then I went home and for 2 weeks after arriving home I didn't lose a pound....it didn't make sense to me....but after talking to so many wonderful people on this site...I actualy posted a question to the ERNY's about stalls....and after talking with my Doc...I realized heck I'm probably starving myself to death I know I was eating under 800 calories a day so everyone said my body was going into preserve mode...Also I quit the protein which is crucial for weight loss. Someone told me that Vital Lady says 200 grams of protein a day...thats a lot....I probably only get in 100...and thats a struggle...

Anyway, I returned to work last Tuesday and in so doing I decided I wanted to really track what I was eating and try really hard to make healthy choices so I joined online weigh****chers and I find I really like this method because virtually if you stay within your alloted points daily you will lose weight. So Monday I weighed in and after a 2 week stall I had lost almost 4 lbs in 6 days, making my total loss at 29 lbs.

For your Dr. to tell you that you should have lost 30 lbs after a month or so is not very responsible on his part as everyone is completely different. That sets a patient up for failure from the beginning. My Dr. is exceptionally happy if we lose 1 lb a week....just because it's 1 lb lost, not gained.

Your attitude is so great, I just know you can keep this up...if just doesn't ever happen fast enough for us...but it will happen.

Hang in there.

Janie

Strawberry2
on 6/16/09 11:07 am, edited 6/16/09 11:26 am
   thanks Janie - I actually looked on my online journal here - before the move and upgrades and to read what I wrote 4 1/2 years ago made me put it perspective - on one of my last entries I had put I just wanted to get to 190 which that is 33 lbs away and I want to get there -here is a peek

12/21/04- 290 day of surgery 1/5/05 - saw the dr again down another 10 lbs woo hoo 20 lbs in 2 weeks 270 now   1/23/05 - went to my pcp had b/w & pap and lost 8 lbs 262 now =28 lbs   2/9/05 saw my dr on Monday - down to 258 = 32 lbs   3/7/05 - I have been having a dull- pain in the middle of my stomach for almost a week and decided to call Dr/Garrison he told me to go over to Dover, well 8 hrs, cat scan, x-rays, and 13 sticks - not including the IV in my ankle- later-nothing but my stomach stills hurts a bit. I haven’t been on the scale since my last dr's visit and I am now 247 = 43 lbs   5/3/05 I went to see the dr on for my ( a lil over 4 month ) check up ( surgery dec 21) and was happy to be 234lb - 56 lbs gone since surgery total of 85 lbs from my highest 319 .   6/5/05 I weighed myself today at one of the rest stops and was happy to see
that I was down to 220 – 70 lbs
   9/18/06 - went to see my Primary Doctor and drum roll please 205 lbs
@ 205 lbs- you have a BMI of 35.1.
This indicates that you are Obese. So I went from Extremely Obese to just obese great that "O" word is not in my vocabulary – 85 lbs

The initial goal that my doctor set for me was not for me but for him - my goal has changed I think that I would be very happy with being 190lbs so my new goal is not that far away

I calculated and I too have been only on like 900 calories - I am so glad to have you all here on my side - God Bless you all for responding to me "freaking out lol -
Jo
Arnold H. Glasgow

cmr3399
on 6/17/09 8:43 am - Bayville, NJ

HI Jo...

Best of luck Sweetie!!!!  Just think Positive...you will be ok. Just to give you the scoop. I got approved for my revision today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am scheduled for July1st!!!!! The office said they might even fit me in Next week.  Which is extremely comforting for me because I have been having some MAJOR ISSUES pain ect that the Dr says needs to be taken care of ASAP....   so ((((((HUGS)))))))   

Talk to you soon....keep me posted.....Christine

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

Most Active