Stomaphyx or Rose Procddure

baylady35310
on 6/11/09 2:42 am - Millsboro, DE
I am gaining and would like to have one of these procedures done, has any one had it done in Delaware or do you know of a good doctor in DE, PA, MD or NJ you could recommend?  Also, any idea of the costs of these operations in case my Insurer will not pay.  Thank you for your help!!!!!
Monique H.
on 6/11/09 6:50 am
I haven't had either, but wanted to let you know that I don't think you will get a positive response about these procedures. I think I did see on here where someone paid 12k for one of them, but am not sure. Good luck to you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
mrdoores
on 6/11/09 9:18 am - Waldorf, MD
Monque,
What type of revision did you have and is this the weight you lost since the revision.  I am seeking a revision as I had rny in 2000 and have since gained back half of what I lost. 
thanks in advance for your reply.
Marianna
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 9:53 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
I had the Restore (like the Rose procedure).  It is a long story but it didn't work.   I would not waste your money.  Daisy
baylady35310
on 6/11/09 11:27 pm - Millsboro, DE
Thanks everyone for replying, I just have to go back to the basics and start exercising again.  It is all so depressing, I thought the days of dieting were over when I had the surgery.  I felt wonderful losing the weight, I had no problem with my RNY I was very lucky, I even asked my surgeon if there was any way I would ever gain the weight back and he told me NO, now I realize, they had no idea, so many of us are now regaining, that is why when I saw these revision surgeries I thought I had an answer to my problems, but since they are relatively new, no one knows if they will work.  I went to one doctor in Delaware and they will not even recommend lap band because they are not sure if that will resolve the problem.  Oh well, if anyone reads this and has positive news about Stomaphyx or Rose procedure, please let me know.  Here it is summer and I will not even think about going to the pool or the beach, but when I lost the weight, I did it all the time, back to where I was, so sad.  Thanks everyone!
Zee Starrlite
on 6/12/09 4:56 am
Good Luck Bay Lady.  You really can do this!

JUST DO IT!!! 
JUST DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO!!! 
NO EXCUSES!!!

Those little slogans work for me when I'm in a rut.

(((HUGS)))
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Linda .
on 6/20/09 2:21 pm - Gilroy, CA

I'm also looking into the Stomaphyx procedure and had hoped to find more members who had success stories.  I had my original surgery in 1981 at 329 lbs.  It's been a constant struggle.  I got back up to 325 3 years ago and am now at 290.  Would appreciate any info re: Stomaphyx.

Thanks

marcia7749
on 6/22/09 6:54 am
Katies mom,

I know how frustrated you are.  I had my RNY surgery in 1984 and have now gained back all of my weight too.

I have been researching the Stomaphyx and the Rose and every other kind of quick fix......and have found nothing that will work and be long term.  I have yet to find anyone that has had success with the procedures.

The surgeons that I have talked with, have said that there really is nothing availble right now that really, really works. 

One of the surgeons did say that there is something new coming out that he thinks might be more positive in the next few months.

So...at this point, the least invasive procedure, would be the Band over my RNY....which is not what I wanted.....but what I will probably do.

After 25 yrs of malabsorbing....I really don't want to malabsorb any more than I now do.

I have to face the fact that I need to diet and eat right...*sigh*.....not what I want to do, believe me.

If there were a tried and true diet where I could live on cookies and treats.....that would be my first choice.

So....here I am, on a pre-surgery 1200 calorie diet that my surgeon gave me to follow for 4 months....then he will look at doing the Band....*sigh again*

Unfortunately, there is no easy way out.....if you find one.....please let me know!!

WIshing you the very best,

Marcia
Linda .
on 6/22/09 7:24 am - Gilroy, CA
Thanks for the insight, Marcia.  I'm not giving up yet.  I'm going to a local support group meeting Wed. evening.  The doctor does the ROSE.  Maybe there will be some post-ops there.

I'll let you know if I learn anything.

Good luck,
Linda
marcia7749
on 6/22/09 7:39 am
Linda,

Please do let me know......I have had 3 surgeon's, who do the 2 types, tell me that the clips do not stay put, even after going on liquids, and pureed foods, etc....for several weeks.

If they have improved it to work.....I sure would like to know....

Thanks Linda,

Marcia
Most Active