Has anyone had a rny gastric bypass revision done by Dr. Nick Nicholson in Plano, TX?

Teena A.
on 6/10/09 1:32 pm, edited 6/12/09 2:24 am - Mesquite, TX
Has anyone had a rny gastric bypass revision done by Dr, Nick Nicholson in Plano, TX?

I am not sure how I want it revised, but I am not interested in DS and I will discuss my options with Dr. Nicholson.

I go to his seminar on June 17, 2009 at 6:30 pm and I am so excited.

I had Lap Gastric Bypass Surgery (proximal) 06/2002 and lost all of my weight and stayed small for five years.

I have gained back a lot of weight and now need my orginal surgery revised as well as the gastrogastric fistula  that caused the weight gain repaired so I can lose the weight back.

Gastro-gastric fistula is where the stomach pouch grows back and re-connects to the bypassed stomach. This can occur as a consequence of a pouch leak, where the resulting local inflammation from the leak disrupts the staple line of the bypassed stomach where it lies next to the pouch. More often though, gastro-gastric fistula formation is a result of a less acute, slower process. Regardless the cause, gastro-gastric fistula allows food to pass from the pouch to the bypassed stomach, effectively partially reversing the Gastric Bypass.

Teena
Zee Starrlite
on 6/11/09 7:48 am
How much have you gained or what is your BMI now?  You may want to visit the Duodenal Switch forum.

Good Luck.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Teena A.
on 6/11/09 9:17 am - Mesquite, TX
Thanks for your reply, but I am not nor will I ever be interested in Duodenal Switch.

I was just trying to find people who went to Dr. Nicholson.

I was skinny for five years until I had a gastrogastric fistula...

My weight gain was not ever because of my failure to eat right or the surgey not being done right.

It was a complication (gastrogastric fistula).

Thank you.

Teena

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Zee Starrlite
on 6/12/09 2:02 am, edited 6/12/09 3:02 am
Sorry Teena,  I absolutely was not  accusing you of anything.  I just asked what your BMI was to see if you qualified for revision to something like the DS.  The DS is an EXCELLENT surgery by far expecially after an RNY does not resolve ones obesity and health issues long term.

God, I don't know if you ate right or not and I certainly wasn't blaming you for failing your surgery.  In fact it sounds like you are saying your surgery failed you ( I don't really know what impact a gastrogastic fistula has on weight). WLS DOES fail us!

I sure hope you get to feeling well.  Please don't be hard on yourself.  If you done it before, you can do it again.  Keep looking up.

God Bless,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

jeanyjane
on 6/12/09 1:25 am - Germany
No one said that your weight gain was due to you eating wrong, and the DS is not only for those who were outeating their original surgery. The regain after initial very sucessful loss (regardless the cause) with the RNY is for the metabolism nothing different then extreme yo-yo-dieting, making your body a lot more resistant to loose weight again in the future, and I guess that`s why the previous poster brought up the DS.

If you`re not sure how you want your bypass revised, the best idea would be to go to surgeon who does all types of revisions. Or do you think repairing the bypass fistula will be enough?

All the best!

Teena A.
on 6/12/09 2:05 am, edited 6/12/09 2:06 am - Mesquite, TX
Thank you everyone for your post and suggestions, but I only wanted to know one thing and that was if anyone had a revision by Dr. Nick Nicholson... LOL.....THAT WAS ALL......

Thank you

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active