The Results Are In

dsnydi
on 6/10/09 12:33 am
I had my endoscopy last Monday and I spoke with my surgeon about the results. 

It seems my pouch is still nice and small, my stoma however is another story.  It is stretched out and needs some help.

Due to the small pouch my doc doesn't want to revise the RnY as he's afraid it will be too small for me nutritionally after the revision.

The new plan is to have a Lap Band put in above the big stoma and get my restriction that way. It's not the plan I had hoped for, but it's the best option I've got at this point. 

So now I'm gathering all sorts of info on the Lap Band procedure.  The folks on that board have been helpful in answering my questions.

As of now I'm on the board for Aug. 12th, I am just awaiting final insurance approval. 

Pre-Revision: 228 - I had my second baby Feb. 18, 2009
Current Weight: 186 I had a revision via lap to my RnY on August 18, 2009

jeanyjane
on 6/10/09 8:17 am - Germany
Why don`t you get a second opinion from a doctor who does ALL revision types, incl. the DS? Surgeons who don`t do RNY to DS revisions will likely tell you it`s too risky and that your only choice is the ERNY or the band over bypass, but the experienced revisions surgeons do it every day without having horrific death or complication rates. It may be inconvenient to travel to another doc, but getting a revision you don`t really want is worse. It already went wrong one time, make absolutely sure that you get what will work for you this second time.

All the best!
dsnydi
on 6/10/09 10:08 am
I have zero interest in DS surgery.  I've never been a fan of it. 

I'm fine with the band.  Since an RnY or eRnY isn't an option, this is the best for me.  I'm happy to have this option. 

Pre-Revision: 228 - I had my second baby Feb. 18, 2009
Current Weight: 186 I had a revision via lap to my RnY on August 18, 2009

brandyII
on 6/10/09 9:33 am
Good luck with your revision.  I know people do it that way and hope it helps solve your problem.  Nancy.
Most Active